v. zombie slayer

v. zombie slayer
for halloween, ma-ri, min-jun and jun-min cosplayed tanjiro, zenitsu and inosuke respectively.

"WAKE THE fuck up," Min-jun says, kicking his sleeping brother.

   "Take down the chairs," Ma-ri instructs, stepping closer to the coach with her green and white racket held high. They quickly follow her request, trying their best to avoid her and the older man. She knows leaving the classroom would only expose them to another horde of zombies, but they needed a way of escape in case things got too bad. Perhaps the best course of action would be to just throw him out and block the door.

"I think you should leave right now," Isak says, her voice steady despite the commotion inside the room.

"You want me to go out there? After all I did to get here? You want me to go back out?" The coach's tone rises.

   Ma-ri understands how he feels, she would also be terrified in his situation, but her priority is her brothers' safety and anything that endangers that has to go.

   "Get out," Isak repeats. "I said get out now!"

   "Cocksucker. How dare you yell at me like that?" He points at Isak with his finger. "You little... Get over here. Come here. Now!"

   Onjo pulls her back. He takes a step forward but before he can say or do anything else, his nose starts to bleed. Ma-ri glares at him and swings the racket against his head, sending him to the floor.

   "Pervert."

He lies still for a few seconds, the rest of the group staring at her and slowly backing away. "Let's make a bet," she says.

   "What bet?" Min-jun stands next to her, looking at the still coach. Almost mechanised, they glance at each other and back at the man, crossing their arms.

   "I'm leading with twelve right now, but if you think it's unfair I can start over."

   "What are you talking about?" Suh-yeok asks.

"Who can kill the most zombies."

   "You're insane."

   "I'm in," a sleepy Jun-min adds. "Are we, like, zombie slayers?"

   Just as she is about to reply, the coach begins twitching in all directions. He suddenly gets up, growling and lunging for the person closest to him—Minji. Ma-ri tackles him to the floor, but her expression falls when she realises she's too late. She had already been bitten in the face, and it's Ma-ri fault for being too slow.

"Minji..."

The girl looks back at Jimin in a daze. "I... I don't want to die."

Jun-min helps her fend off the zombie coach while Ma-ri tries her best to not look at the bitten girl.

   You're a failure, Ma-ri. You are supposed to protect them.

   Her mom's voice is like nails on chalkboard, so unpleasant—but she's not wrong. Ma-ri is supposed to protect them, just like her mom would.

   Nayeon screams as Minji reaches for her, scrambling back. "Don't come closer! Get away from me!"

As soon as Min-jun takes down the last chair, Nayeon sprints out the classroom, followed by the rest of them.

"No! Wait, don't go!" Ma-ri shouts after them, but no one but Jun-min and Cheongsan seem to hear her.

"Why?" the latter asks, trapping the coach between the wall and a table with the help of her brother.

"They're just going to run into more zombies..." she trails off, thinking about how stupid they have to be to not realise that beforehand. Cheongsan's eyes widen before he rushes out, leaving Jun-min alone to fend off a zombie teacher.

"What the hell, dude?" He struggles against the zombie, and Ma-ri makes a mental note to kill Cheongsan next time she sees him.

"Go," Ma-ri tells him, holding Minji down with her knee on her back and her racket against her face. She doesn't have it in her heart to kill her, not when she had been standing next to her moment prior.

   "You first!"

Ma-ri groans at his stubborn antics. It runs in the blood—when she found out that pettiness is her default emotion and accepted that she, like her brothers and mother, would go to insane lengths to prove herself, she figured it was something in their genes.

   Kicking Minji away, Ma-ri grabs Jun-min and runs out of the classroom, trapping the two zombies in there. She spots the group ahead of them, pushing a wall of zombies back with doors and windows. Jun-min leaves to help them, and she stays near the end to protect her brothers' blind spots.

   Noticing the group leaving Suh-yeok behind, she sighs and shuffles towards him. Often times she remembers when he would always get into rooftop fights and hang around Myeonghan and Gwinam, and while she's glad he grew out of that embarrassing phase, it did pay off. He is a great fighter, but she couldn't risk him dying on her.

   "Show off," Ma-ri murmurs as he throws flashy kicks and punches.

   "What was that?"

   "Show off," she repeats louder, shoving him before a zombie could bite his neck off. Spotting an opening, Ma-ri quickly grabs his arm and drags him away, running through the bloody halls with a bunch of man-eaters chasing them.

   If this is the state of their school she couldn't imagine how it's be outside—God, how bad would it be in Hyosan's kindergarten?

Almost all of the classrooms are filled with them, and she can't help but gag as she sees a girl with her guts hanging out and a boy with only one arm.

   Suh-yeok smiles at her as they enter an art room. "Okay, Ma-ri the best. Guess what?"

   She raises an eyebrow, swinging her racket like she's in a normal Tennis match before ducking them both under a canvas. "What?"

   He leans closer, his mouth too close to her ear for her liking. "I'm in the bet," he whispers, "but you have to start over. Zero, zero. And we need a prize."

   "How about 20 dollars?"

   "Deal."

   Ma-ri stands up as her eyes fall on a bunch of scissors in the middle of the room. That would make killing a lot easier, huh. She grins as a zombie charges at her, throwing it in Suh-yeok's direction before running to the table.

"May the best Man win," she says, grabbing three scissors. And so, more bloodshed began.

★★★

sorry for the late chapter </3 ive been
trying to think of how to go on w this

why do u guys think ma-ri is so
protective of her brothers?? 🧐