~ Chapter 4: Diamonds in the Rough ~

"She was the princess. I can't believe it. I must have sounded so stupid to her!" Aladdin cursed himself.

"You are not stupid. You were great out there when you helped her."

"But she's the princess."

"So? Does that matter to her? Did she judged you because you're a street rat?"

This made him go silent, knowing she's right. Suddenly, they heard a familiar monkey voice.

"Yoo-hoo! Aladdin? Y/N? Hello!"

Abu appears at the window at the top of the dungeon.

"Abu! Down here! Hey, c'mon--help us outta these."

Abu stops, then begins chattering wildly, dropping to the ground. He wraps a cloth around his head and makes his eyes big in an imitation of the princess.

"Hey, she was in trouble. Ah, she was worth it."

"She's really cool." Y/N added.

Abu jumps up on Aladdin's shoulders and pulls a small set of tools out of his pocket, then frees Aladdin.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." Abu said.

"Don't worry, Abu. I'll never see her again. I'm a street rat, remember, and there's a law. She's gotta marry a prince. She deserves a prince."

"I don't think she deserves a prince. You remember what she said. She doesn't want to marry anyone if she's being forced to without love."

Abu finally frees Aladdin's hands.

"Ta da!"

Abu did the same with Y/N's hands.

"I know, but I'm a... I'm a fool."

"No, you're not."

"How would you know?"

"Because you have a good heart that no princes ever have and you're my brother. You are the bestest thing that's ever happened to me."

Aladdin's smiles at her with appreciation as Y/N is finally free from the chains.

"Your lovely sister is right. You're only a fool if you give up, boy."

They turn to see an old man sitting in the corner that neither Aladdin nor Y/N nor Abu have seen before.

"Who are you?" Aladdin asked.

"A lowly prisoner like yourself. But together, perhaps we can be more."

"We're listening."

"There is a cave, kids... a Cave of Wonders, filled with treasures beyond your wildest dreams."

The old man pulls out the red gems that glows. Aladdin and Abu were in awe at the sight, except for Y/N who wasn't interested in anything. The old man takes them away from their prying eyes as he turns his back.

"Treasure enough to impress even your princess, I'd wager. Maybe... a certain guard you've been seeing."

This caught her attention, wondering how did he know about her and Razoul. Iago sticks his head out of Jafar's "old man" disguise.