~ Chapter 7: Rewrite the Stars 🌟 ~

Y/N walks through the hallway, trying to find where Jasmine is while sightseeing. She was impressed at how nice the palace is on the inside. Razoul sees her and follows her in alone. As he comes up behind her, she turns and grabs his sword.

"You!" she scowled.

She forces him to the floor, holding him there with the tip of his sword at his chin.

"Easy, easy--I just shaved this morning."

"Oh, really? You missed a spot."

"Alright, alright. Just calm down. Just give me a chance to apologize."

"For what?"

As she lets down her guard for a split second, Razoul grabs the sword from her hands and turns it on her.

"That, for example."

"You sneaky son of a--"

"Ah, ah, ah! Watch it--you're in a palace."

She has picked up a staff with candles on top.

"Are you always this charming, or am I just lucky?"

She swings the staff at Razoul, who blocks it with his sword. They fight. Razoul laughs as he speaks between Y/N's swings.

"Candlelight...privacy... music. Can't think of a better place for hand-to-hand combat! You fight almost as well as a man!"

"Funny. I was going to say the same thing about you."

"That's hitting a little below the belt, don't you think?"

"No. This is."

She swings one end of the staff at Razoul's crotch. He blocks it with his sword. She quickly hits him in the face with the other end of the staff. He shakes it off.

"Touche!"

True, who's back into her snake form, comes in and headbutts him in the chest.

"I didn't know you had a little friend of yours."

True hisses at Razoul, slithering back to Y/N and wrapping herself around her neck.

"Well, she doesn't take kindly to guards."

The fighting has subsided.

"Eh, I noticed. Permit me. You're Y/N, aren't you?"

"How'd you guess?"

"Your personality and your fighting skills are the same as I remember."

"Well, congratulations. Is this an interrogation?"

Razoul sheathes his sword.

"I just wanted to be sure it's you."

"You're not arresting me?"

"Not as long as you're a guard to that prince. I can't."

Y/N was surprised by that. She places the staff back to where it belongs.

"You're not at all like the other guards."

"Thank you."

"So, if you're not going to arrest me, what do you want?"

"I'd just thought you might need these back."

He hands her a sword and a dagger, which she immediately recognized them and took them, placing them back where she normally held. She looks up at him with a surprised look.

"Oh, and I think you'll find that this does actually belong to you."

He pulls out a rare flower as it looks perfect and undamaged. Y/N couldn't believe it. He actually took it? She was about to take it when he removes her hat for him to see her same braided hair as he remembers and places it by her ear. Y/N blushes at the contact.