ⅩⅩⅠ

"I want my pink dress!" wailed Lila.

"You just said you wanted green!" Clara exclaimed back, motioning to the dress she just put on her after taking off her pink dress.

"No!" she screamed. "I want pink!"

Clara sighed and pulled out her pink dress once again, looking at her tiredly.

"This is the last time I'm changing you, okay?"

"Okay." she grinned, as if she hadn't been screaming her head off a second earlier.

A knock was heard on the door before it opened, followed by Hazel's voice calling out.

"In here!" Clara yelled so Hazel could follow her voice.

Hazel entered their room with a grin before she gasped at the mess Lila caused due to her many outfit changes. Her eyes then trailed over Clara's figure, which was covered by a tunic instead of the gown she was supposed to wear to her own knighting ceremony.

"What is it with you and Edwin always being late to your own celebrations?" she laughed while shaking her head.

"Blame this little goblin." Clara laughed while tickling her sides, making Lila giggle and run away to Hazel, who picked her up and placed her on her hip.

"You go get ready, I'll prepare Lila." Clara nodded gratefully before she went over to grab one of her formal gowns.

She picked out a yellow silk dress with lace sleeves that barely reached her elbows. The bodice was covered with the same lace over the fabric that flowed loosely under the waist into a skirt with the shortest trail.

After putting it on and fastening her corset, she brushed through her hair until Hazel came over and put it in an elegant half up half down style with a matching ribbon.

"Oh, I almost forgot!" Hazel exclaimed as she put her hands through her gown's hidden pockets, pulling out a small container before opening it, revealing a pink substance. "I made some more lip stain!"

"If I didn't know better, I'd say you were trying to make me look pretty for someone."

"You don't know better." she grinned, applying it to her lips. "Julian is going to melt."

Clara rolled her eyes with a smile, hoping her blush wasn't as fierce as she felt.

"All of Avelyn will know about me today." she muttered. "I wish Edwin was here to see this."

Hazel smiled sadly, putting a hand on Clara's shoulder before she pulled her into a hug.

"He's so proud of you." she whispered into her ear. "We all are."

"Thank you." she smiled, pulling away and holding onto her hands instead.

"And I know for a fact he would have hunted down that arse if he was here." she pointed, referring to Rowan.

"Bold of you to assume he isn't haunting him now." Clara laughed. "Do you think he'd show up to the ceremony?"

"Part of me doesn't want him to, but I also really want to see that rat." Hazel crossed her arms, letting out an irritated huff.

"We have quite the knack for calling royalty rodents, don't we?" they laughed, the air becoming lighter around them.

"At least Victor is a cute rat." she giggled. "I hope Carmen will attend."

"Me too." she nodded with a smile before another knock was heard at the door.

"I'll get the door, you get Lila." the girls agreed and Clara went back to the room to find Lila struggling to put on her butterfly pin. Smiling softly, Clara leaned down to her level, taking the pin from her and Lila turned around for her to place it firmly into her wavy hair.