ⅩⅩⅥ

Clara jolted awake.

Sitting abruptly on Edwin's bed, she shook with shallow breaths, clutching the shirt covering her chest so tight her knuckles turned white. Her hair stuck to her forehead from all the sweat. She had no memory of her nightmare; all she knew was that it was bad.

She struggled with regaining her breath, trying to stay quiet to not wake her sisters in the other room. Her eyes drooped; closing slowly as she finally was able to take a deep breath. As soon as her eyes fluttered shut, her cruel mind decided to remind her of all she saw the previous day. Terrified, Clara bolts up once more, covering her mouth incase a sob escaped her lips.

Finding it impossible to go back to sleep, Clara gets up from the comfort of the bed and leaves the room. She stops by Lila's room, finding both her little sister and best friend peacefully sleeping. She smiled at the sight.

Clara was grateful that Hazel had moved in with her, since with her new job she often had to come home late or even leave early sometimes, and couldn't be there for her sister at all times. She hated the thought of being away from her sister, but she had no choice. Hazel had offered to help take care of the little girl, much to Clara's relief.

Clara often slept in Edwin's room; afraid that her nightmares would wake her sister and ruin her sleep.

She was so tired.

Letting out a breath she didn't know she was holding, Clara walked to the kitchen, grabbing a glass of water to help with her suddenly dry mouth. She then got some water and splashed her own face with it to help her stay awake.

Staring out the window, she watched the sun begin to rise, followed by the sound of chirping birds. The cool morning breeze blew on her face and she breathed it in, finding comfort and peace in the beautiful scenery. Though her heart ached at the memories of her and Edwin waking up at this time to train, she still loved the sunrise.

Lost in thought as she stared at the hill she was trained in, she suddenly remembered her promise to Victor.

"Wha...I'm awak-" Victor grumbled, catching the pillow. "Clara, stop hitting me!"

"You weren't waking up." she smiled innocently, ignoring his glare.

"Maybe it's because the sun has barely even risen." He mumbled, rubbing his eyes tiredly.

"You wanted to train, didn't you?" she raised her eyebrows at him, throwing him his clothes, which he managed to catch in time. "If we want to be discreet, we have to train at this time every morning so you can be back in time for your own work."

"We're training?" all evidence of sleep left his face as he looked up at her excitedly, making her grin back at him as she nodded.

With newfound energy, Victor quickly got up and wore what Clara had tossed him. The clothes were comfortable, easy to move around in. When he walked out from behind his divider, he noticed Clara yawn and run her hand down her face before lightly slapping her cheeks. He furrowed his eyebrows and opened his mouth to speak before she turned to him and spoke first.