XIII. Flower Crowns

Chapter 13, Flower Crowns
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" I'm not disrespectful, I say what's on my mind and don't take crap from anybody. "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

I woke up with someone's arm around my waist, the sun shining through my curtains made me wake up.
I looked up and smiled at the sight of a peaceful, sleeping Jaden.

I slowly and quietly removed his arm from my waist and walked over to my bathroom, I brushed my teeth and washed my face.
When I walked out of the bathroom, Jaden was sitting up.

"Dude, don't you have a shirt?"

I asked as I went to my closet and looked through it, he didn't respond.
I threw him an extra toothbrush, he smiled at me graciously and walked to my bathroom.

He brushed his teeth and came out of the bathroom, I was reaching for something on the top shelf of my closet.
Up there had all my bucket hats and snapbacks, I obviously wanted my bucket hat.

All I felt was his chest press up against my back, one hand on my waist and the other grabbed the bucket hat I wanted.
I felt my cheeks heat up, my breath hitched as he let go slowly.

"Thanks, I'm going to change in the bathroom."

I stammered on my words a bit before making my escape to the bathroom, I mentally kicked myself for being an idiot.
He knew he got the best of me at that moment, I wanted to so badly hurt him but I liked it.

Scarlett's Outfit

     I walked out of the bathroom and this kid was making a TikTok in my room, I stifled my laugh until he finished

He turned around and smiled at me, with just that look we bursted out laughing.

"We should hang out, like right now."

I suggested, he agreed and grabbed my hand.
We ran out of my house, which was after I said goodbye to my dad and told him I'd he with Jaden for the day.

To which he told me to be back by four since we have baseball practice, I made sure I sprayed my Cherry Scented perfume.

"You smell good, what's that you got on?"

Jaden asked as he looked through his closet, I pulled out my cherry Scented perfume and threw it at him.
He caught it and smiled at me.

"Smells good on you."

He complimented before he threw the bottle back me, after he found an outfit he liked.
He walked to the bathroom and changed into it.

He was wearing overalls without a shirt, I laughed and walked out of the house.
We walked around for a bit, we had no idea where we were going to go to hang out.

"Omg a flower field, can we please make flower crowns?"

I asked him, he chuckled and nodded.
I smiled and we ran into the field.

The flowers all looked gorgeous, we sat down and began to create flower crowns.
Once we finished, he placed the one he made for me on my head and I placed the one I made for him on his.

He held onto my bucket hat with a smile, he grabbed my hand and with that we walked around.

Soon it was around 2:45 PM, he walked me home and kissed my cheek before walking to his house.
That was a start, I walked inside and quickly got changed into my baseball uniform.

My dad agreed to taking Jaden with us so it was no surprise when he started singing along to Baby by Justin Bieber, I swear this kid was dropped on his head.
Once we arrived, I quickly got out since Jaden said we were racing and bolted out of the car.

"You're a cheater!"

I laughed as pushed him playfully, then it seemed like a joke.
But now, now it didn't.

"Go cry me a river!"

He laughed back as he playfully pushed me, we got onto the field and I was greeted by everyone.
As we began to play, there was another adult here.

Probably someone's parent, I brushed it off until I noticed he walked off the stands and went over to the coaches.

"Scarlett! Come here for a second."

I sighed and put my bat down, I walked over and greeted all three of the adults.

"She's going to get hurt, look at her."

"What do you mean look at me? I'm perfectly fine."

Now I wasn't one to disrespect anyone family members but if I felt like they were disrespecting me, it's a free country and everything I say, I mean.

"My dad is a coach, he wouldn't want me playing if he didn't think I could handle it."

I said once more, the father looked appalled at my answer and scoffed, I walked away before he could say anymore.

Jaden noticed and jogged over to me, he put his arm around my shoulder and started walking around the field with me.

"Jaysean's Dad looks like you disrespected him."

Jaden said looking back at the father, I couldn't help but laugh.
He truly did look like I had disrespected him and anything he loved.

" I'm not disrespectful, I say what's on my mind and don't take crap from anybody. "

I answered truthfully to which he chuckled and stood in front of me, he kissed my cheek once more but didn't move away from me.

"You're hilarious at times, did you know that?"

Once again leaving me flustered, I scoffed and playfully shoved him.
I ran off back to where the others were and continued throwing fast balls and curve balls.

I'm so close to hitting Jaden with a bat if he does it again.