XIX. Back To School

Chapter 19, Back To School
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" I have algebra 2, was my crying and mental breakdowns during algebra 1 not enough? "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

My alarm for 5:12 AM woke me up, the sun hasn't rose yet so I had the moon looking down at me.
I groaned and shut it off before getting out of bed and making it, today makes the first day of Sophomore year.

Cora was turning eighteen on October 1st, she was starting her first year of college online.
I sighed as I went to my bathroom and took a coldish shower to awake me, I brushed my teeth and did my skin care routine.

I was too exhausted to actually wash my hair so I didn't, I put on a floral crop top and high waisted shorts.
I grabbed my combat boots and put them on before working on my hair, I went with two space buns with my bangs framing my face.

I put on concealer, lip gloss, eyeliner and mascara.
Last minute, I put on blush and grabbed my phone off my charger and walked downstairs.

I checked the time and it was only 6:38 AM, I made myself some toast and grabbed apple juice.
I sat at the table and scrolled through TikTok, after some minutes, I heard the bathroom door close.

I put my dish in the sink and sat at the living room, soon I got a FaceTime call from Jaden.
When I accepted I was greeted with a messy hair, shirtless, tired Jaden.

"Morning."

Jaden said groggily as he turned on his bedroom LEDs, I laughed a bit and watched as he set his phone up to brush his teeth.

"Good morning, I'm driving us to school!"

I said happily to which he flipped me off and walked back to his room, I watched as he rummaged through his closet looking for the perfect outfit.
He grabbed a white shirt, black jogging pants and grabbed his iconic bucket hat.

"Go on pause you weirdo."

I laughed, he rolled his eyes playfully and went on pause.
After what felt like forever, my dad came downstairs and kissed me on my temple.

Jaden finally finished getting ready and we were now outside in my dad's car, it was around 7:16 AM because Jaden is indecisive and is stubborn.
Before we drove, I forgot something and ran back into the house.

I grabbed my Cherry Scented perfume and sprayed myself with it, I then ran back downstairs and out the house.
We began to drive to school listening to 'She' by Harry Styles.

"SHE, SHE LIVES IN DAYDREAMS WITH ME!"

Jaden screamed at the top of his lungs, I laughed and screamed the lyrics with him.
He was so energized and it made me jealous, soon we arrived to the highschool so I lowered the music and parked.

We got out the car and walked inside, there were definitely a lot of people there and nothing like the movies or books.
We sat down in the cafeteria, luckily the team arrived so we weren't alone for a while.

We went to the office and grabbed our schedules, I wanted the world to swallow me hole.

" I have algebra 2, was my crying and mental breakdowns during algebra 1 not enough? "

I asked as we walked to our lockers to get our books our for the day, Jaden laughed at me.
Soon the bell rung, I was in his homeroom so we had some classes together which was good, I didn't want to be alone in a school I wasn't familiar with.

I was glad to know we weren't going to have homework, Jaden would have copied off of me if we did anyways.
The day went by fast surprisingly, I may or may not have been daydreaming.

My daydreams were pretty much the same as others, going home and sleeping.
I found myself daydreaming about the Waltons and my friends and family dancing to the song 'Moonlight' by Grace Vanderwaal.

I was in a white dress with a flower crown and I found Jaden walking over to me, we danced along to the song.

Remember last year when you told me?
To always stay here, never leave me?

We jumped along to those lyrics, I felt free and myself when I was with him.
Although I know I should've zoned back in, I couldn't.

And the light from your eyes, made it feel like we-e-e were dancing in the moonlight!

With those lyrics being sang, followed by more, Jaden pulled me close by my waist and leaned down.
Just before daydream me got a chance to feel his lips on mine, the bell rang.

I sighed in annoyance and grabbed my book bag, I was a little glad that it happened anyways.
I couldn't risk myself falling harder and deeper for this kid.