XXIV. Explanations and Apologies

Chapter 24, Explanations and Apologies
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" I don't need another crappy excuse, tell me the real thing or I am leaving. "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

"She was pretty chill when we were over here."

Javon said as he handed me a pair of gloves, we were at his dad's gym.
I told Javon, he could teach me how to box and we can catch up.

"Don't, don't move your arms like that."

He corrected my stance and soon we began to box, it was pretty fun but it was also tiring which was exactly why I don't like working out.
Javon accidentally hit me too hard, I fell on my bottom and began to laugh.

"So, so Layla's just ghosting me?"

I asked as he helped me up, I removed my gloves and head protector.
He looked at me and scratched the back of his neck, he began to avoiding eye contact.

"Wow, so I'm going to confront her."

"Scar, wait no."

"Scar, wait yes."

I responded and began to ran out of the gym, the gym was a bit far but with the adrenaline rush I was feeling, I was about to gun it.
Javon was trying to catch up but the poor kid's legs gave up, short kids, am I right?

I didn't run any further when I saw her sitting on her front lawn, Cora was walking out of her house with Jayla.
If I wasn't in the mood to full on roundhouse someone, I would have asked questions.

"Why are you avoiding me Layla?"

I asked, I crossed my arms and watched as Javon came over, huffing.
He crouched down and took a deep breath, trying to regulate his breathing pattern once more.

"I'm not, it's just, uhm."

I rolled my eyes and scoffed, another lame excuse that I had zero patience for.
Cora and Jayla noticed us because I watched as they made their way over here, Layla looked at me and smiled softly.

" I don't need another crappy excuse, tell me the real thing or I am leaving. "

I said looking at her angrily, did I seriously do something bad that costed me a friend?
Or was she just mad at me for no reason?

"Scarlett, it's nothing really."

"Layla, I am not messing with you."

I walked up to her, with tears in my eyes already.
I took a deep breath and watched as she tried coming up for an excuse but nothing worked.

I scoffed and laughed as the tears streamed down my face, maybe friendships aren't supposed to last all the time.
But I still deserved to know what was happening or what caused her to see me differently.

I turned around and walked to my house, I did hear Jayla and Cora start screaming at her but I knew she didn't care.
Once I got inside of my house, I went to my room and sat on my bed with a smirk on my face.

If she was going to be this arrogant person then I think it's time for me to completely cut her off, I mean I didn't do anything to her.
But I couldn't just bounce back, I wanted to be dramatic for about an hour before I show her I could literally care less.

After an hour of me being dramatic and crying, I face timed Jaden and watched as he smiled.
He was sitting on his swivel gamer chair, playing his PlayStation.

"What's up?"

He asked before looking over at the camera with a soft smile, I knew Javon told him about the issue but oh well.
I began to rant to him, he gave his opinions and began to hype me up.

"Oh well, you're still going to be the best person."

He said before getting off his game and smiling at me, I smiled back and walked downstairs.
I wanted McDonald's.

"Want to come with me? I want McDonald's."

I asked politely as I grabbed my keys off the counter, he nodded and put on his bucket hat and Crocs.
This was the best boy to have ever been alive, definitely happy I met him.

As I walked out of my house, I saw Layla making tiktoks.
All the sadness I've had inside turned into anger, I just wanted to roundhouse her and full on go beast on her.

But instead when she looked at me, I gave her my middle finger and walked with Jaden to my dad's car.
I wasn't proud that I was being petty but it was my personality, this time I'm not trying to get back into her life.

My time is way too precious to even be focusing on someone who doesn't care, I have me at the end of the day and I'm proud of that.

Screw you Layla.