elevator (fluff)

(quick a/n: sorry i hadn't posted guys! i had my laptop confiscated for trying to smack my older brother and for also getting caught on my phone at 2 am on a school night :D my friend also sent me a p0rn link which i accidently clicked 😭im scarred, someone pls let me put my eyeballs and memories into a pool of acid)

George POV (first person)

My mum and dad had just passed away in a car crash last year. Only because I was 17, they let me keep me and my 14 year old sister, Emily, (Em for short), not go up for adoption. Now, I'm 18 and have a stable part time job that doesn't cause any financial issues. This story starts in the afternoon, when Emily asked me to go pick up something from the newly renovated mall across the street.

-

"GEORGE!", Emily shouted.

"What?!", I shouted back.

No response.

"What?!", I tried shouting louder.

No response again.

I angrily stood up and stormed my way to her room.

"What do you want Em?", I said impatiently.

"I need to you go the the mall over on 4th street and pick up the necklace I ordered from Pandora. I have school work so I can't go.", she explained.

I sighed "When do I need to go?"

"They said before the shop closes, which is in... 4 hours."

I nodded and exited her room, purposely leaving the door open to piss her off for fun. I could hear her footsteps behind me and then a door shut loudly. I entered my room and got ready to go. I slipped off my all my clothes, put on a plain black tee, ripped black skinny jeans, a black denim jacket with badges of different bands stitched on, and black and white high top converse shoes (i hope that outfit made sense! i try to make outfits as detailed when explaining).

"I'm leaving now!", I called out to Emily and then went out without waiting for a response. I played music from my phone and gently bobbed my head to the beat as I walked. After I got to the mall, my eyes widened at the new, posh, white building that was bustling with people. I entered and looked around before seeing a sign that said: 'VICTORIA'S SECRET, FOREVER 21, PANDORA, SEPHORA; LEVEL FOUR (4).'

I went to the elevators and pressed the 'up' button. I then patiently waited for the doors to open. They opened and to my pleasure, it was empty. After entering and exiting, I made my way around the level, in search of the particular jewelry store. I finally spotted it, far away. It was a big place but it was tucked away behind all the other stores.

I walked in and went to the place that said 'Customer Inquiries or Online Pick Up'.

"Hey, I'm here to pick up an order for Emily Jesse Davidson?"

"Of course sir, let me check the orders and find the name. Just give me two minutes please"

I nodded and scrolled through my phone.

After waiting, the lady came back with a small bag with a white receipt stapled to it.

"Hey, so I found the order for Emily Davidson but I assume you are not the person who ordered so may I see a form of ID please?"

I nodded and rummaged through my wallet for my ID. I pulled it out and handed it to her. She looked at it and muttered 'George Henry Davidson'. I winced at my whole name because no one had called me that in a long time.

She handed me back my ID and said "You're all good to go!"

I thanked her and left, too tired for any sort of social interaction. I made my way back to the elevator and punched in the 'down' button. I waited and then entered. Grateful again that there was no one. Wait. That's not right. As the doors were about to close shut, a tall figure came tumbling in fast, just squeezing past the doors. I immediately recognised who it was.