iPod (fluff)

Dream POV (first person)

"George! C'mon! If we don't leave now, we're gonna be late!", I shouted.

"Coming! One sec!"

A few moments later, George came scurrying in downstairs, stumbling and almost tripping over.

"I'm here!", he panted.

I chuckled and shook my head as I let us out and locked the door. After that, I helped George haul our luggage into the trunk. I kissed him on the cheek when we were done and then told him "Get ready for our 19 hour drive to Texas baby!"(according to google maps, Florida to Texas is 19 hours and 1 minute).

He sighed loudly and got into the car. I followed but then got into the driver's seat. I handed him the AUX cord and he plugged it into his iPod excitedly. He didn't let me see what playlist he was putting on but I didn't care because it was our favourite songs.

What we heard during the car ride: 

- still into you by paramore

- classic by MKTO

- just the way you are by bruno mars

- the whole SOUR album by olivia rodrigo

- will he by joji

- cloud 9 by beach bunny

- all the Lovejoy songs

- sweater weather by the neighbourhood

- heatwaves by glass animals

- hey there delilah by plain white t's

- best friend by rex orange country

- better days by NEIKED

- as it was by harry styles

(i just wanted to include some of my fav songs and recommended songs for u <3. here's the playlist if u want it: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/72BeBrvMHYr8YhUBhTih3B?si=323fadb9235441d2)

I was singing along gently when I looked over at George and saw his eyes flutter closed. I smiled gently and pulled over. When I did, I turned off the music and connect my AirPods to his iPod to listen on my own. As I scrolled through the playlists, I came across one which was labelled as 'My Dweamy-Poo's Favs'. I smiled sheepishly to myself and then started to play the playlist.

When we were half way through the journey, I pulled over again, deciding that it would be a good time to go to sleep because I was fatigued. I got out of the car and into the backseat where I pushed it back as far it could go. I then went back to the front seat and slowly tilted our chairs back so they were lying horizontally (i hope that makes sense lmao).

I rested on the seat and closed my eyes. Sure, it was kinda uncomfy but its the best option we had.

George POV (first person)

I awoke suddenly and looked out the window, still seeing it was dark. I looked over at my boyfriend resting in the seat next me. His blonde, almost brown hair, laid across his closed eyes as his lips were parted like always. I smiled and gently shook him to wake him up.

"mmh?", he mumbled out sleepily.

"I'm a little bit uncomfortable. Can I lay down on you please?" I asked in a small voice.

He looked at the dashboard and the time read as 2:37 am. He nodded and opened his arms up as a gesture for me to join him. I made a small happy noise and gently stepped over the middle console. I straddled his torso but then laid on top of him so our legs were tangled together, our stomachs were resting on top of each other, and my head was sitting snuggly in the crook of his neck. He rested his hand on my back and unconsciously started rubbing small circles on it. I smiled and looked up to see his beautiful face.

I then noticed something white sticking out of his ear so I moved his fluffy hair behind his ear. I saw it was an AirPod so I started looking around for the iPod. I finally found it tucked in his pocket. I saw what he was listening to and saw that it was playing from 'My Dweamy-Poo's Favs'. I blushed crimson when I saw that he had discovered the playlist I made for him. I gently took one AirPod out of his ear and put it in mine but left the other AirPod still in his ear. We then both fell asleep listening to the gentle music that played in our ears all night.

***********************************************************************************************

a/n okay guyssssss, what do ya think? i hope i didnt do too bad. if u want me to change some things, just message and i can add/change things! eat, drink, sleep!

word count: 728