DRINKING BUDDIES

As Vsar and his men walked back over the rugged terrain of ruined houses, streets and bridges, to their underground lairs, he reflected on his encounter with the human leader, Ellen, corrected himself, her name is Ellen...

"Ellen..." Unconsciously, Vrsar had said her name out loud.

"Tároc... Do you want me to turn back, to ask if the human leader is willing to speak to you again?" With his head cocked to the side, Rhán eyed his clan leader with curiosity.

Vsar looked at his first commander surprised. "Why would I want that?"

Rhán raised his heavily scaly eyebrow.

"Well, you just said her name aloud, so I assumed that I had missed a question that you'd asked me ... but it seems I've probably were mistaken..."

Vsar shrugged his shoulders and sighed deep.

"I guess my thoughts wandered off pretty far, hmm?" And glanced at his chieftain from the side.

The male was build like the rough mountains of Krilia, his face even resembled the surface of it, Vsar thought to himself. But underneath the mans' stoic, blanc exteriour, inside Rhán was the complete oposite. The giant had a good sense of humor, occasionally a little on the coarse side, but Vsar didn't mind, he liked that kind of humour.

Besides, he liked the man. Rahn was loyal, sharp-minded, a good strategist, but above all a reliable friend.

Rhán glanced back at his leader and mentor, and his lips curled into a crooked grin.

"Hmm, if I hadn't known you better, I would think you had somekind of interest in this human... honorable Tároc..."

"Maybe you should let the thinking be done with someone with a bigger head, smart mouth..." Vsar snickered.

"Show some respect for our Tároc, Rhán! He's not one of your drinking buddies!" Ikat Gholur hissed.

Hearing Gholurs' words, Rhán's smile faded and stood still. Slowly he turned and bowed his head in the direction of Gholur.

"I have the utmost respect for our Tároc, I'm just not one of those uami who pretends to be the perfect successor... If our Tároc doesn't appreciate my comments he will tell me himself, you don't have to, Kanjiit..."

Rhán's words hit his collegue almost as hard as if he had punched the mans face, and Gholur hissed in rage and stepped forward in order to punch the giants face.

To avoid a fistfight so close to the women's settlement, Vsar immediately placed himself between the two ruffs. Usually his men, well all Shri'Traccal males to be exact, solved their problems with fistfights, it was their way of demonstrating their dominance, but Vsar expected that the human women would still watch them, to make sure to make sure he and his men really left, and he didn't want to leave the wrong impression on Ellen.

"NO!" His voice boomed through the streets of the ruined town.

"You fight this quarrel on our own territory, not here! I don't want to freak out the human females, do you understand?! There is more at stake than you realize, more than your honor! Gholur..., I appreciate your concern, but as Rhán said, I'm still able to speak for myself, thank you..."

The rest of the trip back went down in complete silence.

~~~~~~

With his feet resting on the control panel, Vsar leaned back in his seat and ran across his brow with his callous, clawed hand.