BEATING HEART

"To be honest... I wouldn't know where to start to combine our two clans, I mean we've been enemies for so long... The two of us might get along, but I think it's because we share a sense of responsibility for the well-being of our people and the future of our species. I don't know if my women are that open-minded as well..." and sighed.

Vsar nodded, he understood very well what she meant. Not that he had foreseen this problem with his men, but the women had not been their attackers, though, the human females weren't the ones who had destroyed their world.

No, to his men these women were hope, despite looking completely different from their own wives.

"I don't have a ready-made answer, but maybe we should go and see what your wives or clan need and I don't mean so much on the psychological level but very simply on the physical plane..." At the sight of her frowning expression, Vsar started to laugh.

"No! I don't mean sexually!" And started to snicker at the sight of her reddening face.

"I'm talking about the other physical area, the old fashioned construction and lugging, because..., let's face it, in muscle strength your women are less... evolved than my men... Right? Plus, most of your technology isn't usable any more, for example your vehicles, they're falling apart, rotting away... The reason our technology still functions, is because we have trading agreements with other worlds. The ships that are still hovering earth, provide us with the necessary raw materials, so maybe we should focus on that in the first place. What do you think? Starting to combine both clans by providing manpower?"

Ellen looked at him and nodded at his words, he really had been thinking about a way to a possible cooperation and she really appreciated the way his brain functioned. He wasn't looking for a quick fix that would mainly serve his people, he actually wanted to merge the two clans.

Vsar saw her whole face lit up at his words, and he felt his muscles bulge with pride at her radiant smile his words provoked.

"Maybe we should start on an entire new project, something to "literally" unite us..."

"What do you have in mind?" He cocked his head.

"Well, there's a big overgrown area next to the lake near here where my friend Dakota and I have been dreaming about what we could all do if we had the strength and equipment, and a common place by the water where we could for example, being able to hold parties and gatherings was one of them.

We could start working together there. It is a large area and so much has to be broken down, moved and built up, we could create a common meeting place there. It's just far enough from my village not to make the women uneasy right away, but close enough to make them curious. I'm pretty sure the younger girls are eager to assist your men in realizing such a plan. They will be the ones to pull the rest along with their enthusiasm.

"So it's up to you..." and she looked at him with expectant eyes.

"...to make sure you get the right kind of "young" men involved."

His hard, thick eyebrows shot up. "The right kind of young men...? What do you mean with that?"

Her burst of laughter made him laugh involuntarily.

"I mean spontaneous, men. Guys that are easy going, who can and will adapt to a situation and, most importantly, who are curious about what makes the women tick not just go for the hump. And... who you know will not cross 'boundaries'... Those 'kind' of men..."

"...go for the hump, huh... I don't think I've ever heard a Shri'Traccal woman say anything like that...better yet, I doubt they would ever utter a sexual word to a strange man. You are so totally "different" ...Amazing..." His eyes stared at her with undisguised admiration and she blushed profusely under his gaze.