▹ System 1͎9͎༓

───────・༓ ❦ ༓・───────

"Sorry!" Taehyun shouted before hitting a shrieking monster across the arena with his metal bat, killing it.

'Kang Taehyun, you should stop apologising every time you hit one...' Beomgyu thought to himself, he was just sitting down against a wall, kicking every creature approaching him. Those things seem to like him quite a bit, a lot were surrounding him, and their eyes were creepily shaped into pink hearts for Beomgyu, they're not even biting him. "Ew..."

The player was staring right at Taehyun from afar.

Metal bats tend to be heavy but Taehyun handles his very well, his stance is professional and Beomgyu can see how his muscles are showing when he holds and swings it.

All of a sudden, he felt too bashful to stare at him so he simply started stealing a few glances. 'How can he make baseball, the lamest sport, look good?'

Shunsuke was with Taehyun, he was acting like a whole cheerleading squad for him, clapping every time he killed one.

'I shouldn't be bothered.' Beomgyu reminded himself for the 3rd time.

Beomgyu couldn't care less about winning the challenges honestly. But he knows that Asuka and Taehyun do care, so this knowledge has been the thing keeping him spirited and motivated to win the challenges so those two can be happy.

Beomgyu switched from kicking to punching the creatures with his brass-knuckled fist, that way he can at least kill a few. The timer says 00:04:14 these surely aren't real minutes, unlike the timer of the escape room, it seems to be generally going quite slow.

Strangely the more he thinks about the fact that Taehyun and Shunsuke are together right now, the stronger and angrier-looking his punches become. "Fuck this!" He stood up and started stomping and literally abusing the little monsters.

"Beomgyu you're acting like they killed your whole family..." Yoojung said as she passed by him.

He stopped what he was doing as soon as he noticed her. "Yoojung be my bootleg version of Hwang Hyunjin and talk to me."

"From Stray Kids?!!"

"Uh yeah how do you— never mind.."

"Where's Asu-chan by the way?"

Beomgyu froze after that question, why did Yoojung have to remind him.. "She died.." He made a deep sigh. "I really wish she was here, she kinda keeps our team together, we would've beat your stupid trinity by now if she was around."

His two teammates who happen to be his favourite characters basically left him, he feels lonely. Asuka left him without meaning to, but Taehyun on the other hand...

"Why does Shunsuck exist?" His best friend would give him a satisfying answer, let's see if she can match Hyunjin's apparent awesomeness.

With a blank look, Yoojung turned around, saw Shunsuke and Taehyun together before turning back to Beomgyu in a flash. "So... You wished he didn't exist because you're jealous?"

"Yoojung fuck you." The younger just wanted to say that before actually reacting to the unwanted question he had received. "There's nothing about him that's worth getting jealous over."