Mommy's day

Gia Amour Brewster

"How you feeling baby?" My grandmother asked sitting next to me on the couch

"Some days are better then others." I told her shrugging my shoulders. The last two months has literally been hell. I was diagnosed with depression. And it's not like I could pop a fucking pill and feel better nope I just had to be pregnant. So my doctor suggested If I wanted to have a healthy pregnancy I needed to get a therapist to help me through my problems because the medication can cause harm to the baby. I must say the sessions do help but I damn near had to remove every little triggering factor in my life and that shit wasn't easy. To not be with my son literally sucks.

"Well you look good! I know you miss Essex." My grandmother mentioned and I just nodded my head. Not being with him is literally the toughest thing. Like I don't want him thinking mommy just up and left him when that isn't the case at all.

"Yea I miss him so much." I said feeling my eyes start to water. Being a cry baby is something I grown use to doing. My therapist says it's healthy for me to let the tears down and let's just say I cry for every little thing.

"He probably thinks I'm a bad mom or something. God knows what Booby be telling him." I said as my grandma sucked her teeth.

"Hush child, you speaking nonsense. You and I both know Booby is not like that. He literally thinks your cry baby ass is perfect." My grandma said causing me to laugh a little as I wiped my tears.

"GIGI COME DOWN HERE." I heard my mom yell causing me to roll my eyes. Being as today was Mother's Day she was having her annual Mother's Day brunch. I wouldn't mind the event but this wasn't something small and personal she invited every damn mother she knew and I just did not want to be around people.

"I don't want to go down there." I said as my grandma rolled her eyes, hush child let's go." My grandma said grabbing my arm helping me up. Looking down at my stomach I just frowned. I was huge. I was going on seven months and still in disbelief. Like I was really having another baby.

Walking down the stairs I saw a little figure hiding a bouquet of red roses and immediately the tears started to pour. "Happy Mother's Day mommy!" Essex's shouted running towards me as I immediately squatted down pulling him into a hug.

"I missed you so much." I cried while giving him kisses and he just laughed.

"Mommy why you cry?" He asked while wiping my face.

"Cause I'm happy your here! How you even get here?" I asked as he turned around and pointed at Dior.

"Mommy my swista is in there?" He asked pointing towards my stomach touching it.

"Sister? Who said sister?" I asked looking down at my stomach. I did not want no damn daughter, I want another boy.

"Daddy said it's a girl," he said causing me to shake my head. Booby wanted a girl when I got pregnant the first time.