Chapter 236 - Chapter 250

Chapter 236: Ancient Formula

"Exchange for pill formulas?"

The fatty's originally smiling expression instantly froze!

"This disciple knows that pill formulas are precious to every Martial Brother and Senior, so I won't be too picky! It's enough as long as it can slightly raise this disciple's cultivating speed in Foundation Establishment. I will definitely not pick and choose!" Han Li said very sincerely.

After a certain conversation with the small old man from whom Han Li had learned about the circumstances behind pill formulas in the cultivating world, he racked his brains on how to obtain a few pill formulas for his own uses. After all, he owned a secret technique for ripening medicinal herbs; how could he not exploit this advantage as much as he could!

However, the slightly better pill formulas all landed in the hands of Core Formation cultivators; even if Foundation Establishment disciples had one or two pill formulas, they could only refine insignificant medicine pills. Thus, his original plan was based off of his master, Li Huayuan, but since he had run into this Martial Senior Lei, Han Li immediately changed the target of his plan.

No matter how one looked at it, this Martial Senior Lei was easier to manipulate than that master of his.

This was not merely Han Li's intuition; Li Huayuan was truly too stingy towards this in-name disciple of his. In addition, he was even more demanding and restricting because of their master-disciple relationship.

Most likely, if today's methods had been used on Li Huayuan, Han Li's master would only need to make an understatement and say, "Good filial piety!", taking away these two spiritual medicines in a justified way. Han Li would have to act as if he had been moved to tears and thank his master for kindly accepting his offering.

Now, with great difficulty, he had finally encountered another Core Formation cultivator, so naturally he wanted to seize this rare opportunity.

"You want to exchange medicinal formulas? This truly is a very tricky matter." Lei Wanhe's expression finally eased up after he seemingly thought of something. Then, his eyebrows became tightly knit, as if he were uncertain about it!

Upon seeing this, Han Li did not feel disappointed; in fact, he began to yell "There's a chance!" in his heart. Otherwise, this Martial Senior Lei would not have this kind of an expression.

"As long as it's useful to this disciple, any pill formula is fine; Martial Nephew won't make things difficult for Martial Senior!" Han Li hurriedly lowered his demands a notch.

"Martial Nephew Han! Martial Senior does have some pretty good pill formulas, but these things are all the foundational, secretly transmitted formulas that only my clan possesses; I truly cannot bring them out to exchange with you!" Lei Wanhe said with regret, shaking his head.

Han Li was incredibly disappointed after hearing this! He didn't attempt to cover up any of his emotions, so when the fatty noticed this, he began to laugh and said:

"Although I cannot exchange my clan's pill formulas with you, I still have a few ancient formulas on hand! Some I found within historical ruins, while others I obtained by exchanging with friends. There'd be no problem if I were to exchange them with you."

"Really? Then this disciple thanks Martial Senior!" Han Li hurriedly thanked with joy.

"Wait until I finish speaking, it's still too early to thank me!" the fatty interjected disapprovingly, waving his hand.