Chapter 506 - Chapter 520

Chapter 506: Requirements for Access

For a long while, the sallow-faced cultivator gazed in the direction that Ling Yuling had flown off in. He eventually turned his gaze back to Han Li and calmly said, "Although Fellow Daoist did assist Junior Martial Brother Ling, there are still a few questions I must ask you. As these are trying times, I hope Fellow Daoist will cooperate!"

Han Li calmly replied, "If Fellow Daoist has any questions, please don't hesitate to ask."

The sallow-faced cultivator nodded his head and said, "Good. First, tell me your identity. I will be verifying whether or not it is true."

Han Li smiled upon hearing this. "I am an elder of the Exquisite Sound Sect. This is my badge, and this is the restriction control medallion to my cave residence in the city. I'm sure that Fellow Daoist will know whether it is genuine or fake."

"Exquisite Sound Sect? Take a look and see if the Exquisite Sound Sect has an elder named Han." The sallow-faced cultivator bluntly took both of the medallions, and gave an order to those behind him without turning his head.

"Yes!" When the dainty female cultivator heard him, she hastily rummaged through her storage pouch before taking out a jade slip and immersing her spiritual sense within it. Afterwards, she glanced at Han Li several times before speaking with a respectful tone, "Enforcer Zhao, the Exquisite Sound Sect does have an elder named Han Li and his appearance is exactly the same as is recorded."

When the sallow-faced cultivator heard this, he expressionlessly nodded his head, "Oh! These two medallions are genuine as well. There seems to be no problem with your identity!"

The sallow-faced cultivator tossed the medallions back to Han Li, "Alright, you four continue on your patrol. I will be bringing this Fellow Daoist into the city."

The four behind him shouted in acknowledgement, "Yes!"

Afterwards, the sallow faced cultivator wordlessly beckoned to Han Li and flew off toward Heavenly Star City. Han Li closely flew after him as a streak of azure light.

Not long after, the sallow-faced cultivator brought Han Li to the high walls of the city before flying up towards a city gate.

Although there was no further interrogation, Han Li released his spiritual sense to examine his surroundings, discovering at least six hidden cultivators along the way. Although they were mostly Foundation Establishment cultivators, there were two Core Formation cultivators that remained unseen.

Although his face remained calm, his heart trembled. It seemed the attack on Southclear Island had prompted Heavenly Star City to introduce greatly increased security as he had expected. Had he not been given a referral, he feared it wouldn't have been an easy task to enter the city.

The city gates appeared quite desolate. Apart from the tens of white clothed cultivators standing guard outside of it, there was no one else present. In addition, as Han Li came closer to the city, he discovered that the walls and the gate were glowing with faint white light as if they were under the effects of a restriction.

After the sallow-faced cultivator landed on the gate, he headed straight towards an old man that was reclining in a bamboo chair. He had a short beard and whiskers all over his face.

He saluted the old man and spoke with a respectful tone, "Enforcer Yu! This is the Exquisite Sound Sect's Elder Han. I've already inspected his identity and command medallion, and I've found no problems. I must trouble Enforcer Yu to explain the procedure for entering the city. I cannot stay much longer as I must continue on my patrol."