Chapter 976 - Chapter 990

Chapter 976: The Underworld River Page

After Old Man Fu declared that he had found the whereabouts of the Umbra Yin Horse, a moment of silence passed. Cultivator Yuan then asked, "Since Fellow Daoist has already found the nest of the Umbra Yin Horse and still needs our assistance, could it be that you've encountered a problem?"

Old Man Fu replied, "Although the horse is extremely skilled in concealment techniques and leaves no tracks as it travels, it isn't too difficult for me to capture given enough time. But the problem is that its nest lies in the Myriad Poisons Valley's Yin Yang Cave. I cannot chase after it there, and with its exceptional intelligence, the horse will only journey to the caves entrance at most and won't take even a step out."

"The Yin Yang Cave?" Bai Yaoyi's complexion paled and Cultivator Yuan gasped as well.

Having never heard of this place, Han Li bafflingly asked, "What is this Yin Yang Cave? Is it so fearsome?"

"Fellow Daoist Han doesn't know of the Yin Yang Cave?" Bai Yaoyi yelped in surprise and then she said with calmer voice, "Ah, I've nearly forgotten that you were from overseas. The Yin Yang Cave is widely known as one of the seven most dangerous places in the Great Jin. Common cultivators do not return once they enter."

"What is so dangerous about it?" Han Li curiously asked.

Old Man Fu explained, "As suggested from its name, it is a place where Yin and Yang clash. Let alone everything else, the soul-chilling Yin winds that blow yearlong are enough to scatter a Nascent Soul. The cave is also host to several kinds of vicious ghosts. Even if a living person is able to endure the Yin winds after entering the cave, the ghosts will devour them."

Cultivator Yuan snorted and said, "Not just that but several kilometers deep, there are countless chains of intertwining passages and caves. There were even cultivators that have somehow managed to make it to the bottom, but were unable to clearly explore the depths. The Yin winds would obstruct them from releasing their spiritual sense, and they could see no more than an ordinary mortal. There were even those that said the depths of the cave conceal a fearsome ghost monarch. However, this had forever remained unconfirmed as most are unwilling to brave the risks."

Bai Yaoyi relaxed her brow and added, "There is also little of value that was discovered in the cave. In ancient times, it was the location of extremely rare ores, but only inferior veins remain. Now that Brother Fu has discovered an Umbra Yin Horse, it would appear that the Yin Yang Cave isn't such a simple place."

Having passed through Heavenvoid Hall, Devilfall Valley and other such dangerous places, Han Li naturally experienced many of these dangers and he icily said, "Since Brother Fu wasn't able to capture it after so many years, there must be some complications behind it."

Old Man Fu confidently explained, "Correct, that is why I've been preparing for the past tens of years. I specifically refined several treasures to resist these ghosts. And to block to soul-scouring Yin winds, I've brought my sect's Dark Violet Pearls. With this, you'll be able to weaken the Yin winds to half of their power."

Cultivator Yuan and Bai Yaoyi's heart stirred when they heard this. The Dark Violet Pearl was one of the three signature treasures of the Nine Serenities Sect!

Old Man Fu slowly asked, "How about it? If you do your best to assist me and manage to capture the Umbra Yin Horse, I will immediately use it to refine the Nascent Cultivating Pill and I guarantee you each a single pill. As the pill is something that can only affect your body once, it will have the same effect no matter how many you take. For anything else you might find inside, that would be left up to chance. Even if we encounter a fearsome ghost monarch within, we'll be able to deal with it well enough with our combined strength."