Chapter 16

Greylee

I just got to school and I'm walking through the door and as soon as I walk through the door I see a crowd around my locker. I run to see what is going on. I push through the crowd and see Emelia and Aubrey arguing. I mean getting in each other's face arguing.

Which is honestly surprising considering they are sisters and all. I get that siblings argue sometimes but I don't think they argue like this. They look like they are about to pounce on each other any minute now.

Aubrey and Emelia have never gotten along though because they are simply just too different

Aubrey and Emelia are a year behind each other and their parents are divorced. Emelia lives with their mom and Aubrey lives with their dad. Emelia has money and I mean loads of money you can tell from just the way she dresses and Aubrey is lower class and sometimes struggles to buy food for the table and has to help her mom pay the bills. So they couldn't be more different which is why they argue a lot plus I think there is more to them than just arguing for no reason.

I push through the crowd and try to make it to Emelia's side. I finally make it to the front of the crowd and see Aspen on the left of Emelia looking bored from the scene happening in front of him. Nova is on her right looking like she is about to pounce on Aubrey any second next to Nova is Willow who just looks amused and lastly next to Aspen is Luca who also looks bored out of his mind.

I walk over next to Luca and he sees me and pulls me to his side and kisses the top of my head and I just watch the scene in front of me not even bothering to stop it because it'll stop eventually.

"You don't have to be such a bitch all I said was me and dad are going to go over for dinner," Aubrey said

"Yeah well I don't want you over and you don't even deserve to be in mom's presence since you decide to leave her after all."

"You know what happened Emelia."

"No, I don't know what happened. One minute you promise me one thing and the next you do something completely different Aubrey."

"So what the fuck happened Aubery why did you break your promise."

"This is not the time or place for this conversation and you wouldn't understand."

"You're right, I don't understand because you won't tell me what happened."

"I was trying to protect you!" Aubrey shouts

"Protect me from what!" Emelia shouts back

"From Dad, okay! Are you happy now you know? I was trying to protect you from Dad."

"Aubrey, what are you talking about?"

"Nothing nevermind I'll see you at dinner tonight" and Aubrey walks away

The crowd starts to disperse and they all go back to what they were doing before the argument started.

I turn and open my locker and get my chem book and put it in my backpack. My friends are still quite amongst themselves there probably still processing what Aubery said cause I know I am.

What did she mean by she was protecting Emelia from their Dad?

Nova is the first to break the silence "Well that was interesting" she says

"Yes it was," Emelia says glumly

"What do you think she could have meant by protecting you from your dad?" Aspen asks

"I have no idea" Emeila says

"Maybe you should talk to her after or before dinner tonight," I say

"Yeah I think I'm going to do that thanks Greylee"

What a way to start the day am I, right?

︎♡︎♡♡

Authors note:

Word count: 636