• prologue •

"So you are the one behind all the rumors?", he asked with a hint of annoyance and curiosity in his voice

The hustle of the students playing in the ground at a distance filled in the gaps of the awkward energy that had transpired between them.

"Look I didn't know it would turn out like this, it was either you or Jay Rana?", she knew that her trivial reasoning had no importance yet she held her ground.

"Wh-? That doesn't even make any sense", his annoyance was apparent in his voice.

"We were playing truth and dare and they asked me to either tell them who my crush was or I would have to flirt with Jay Rana?", she reasoned in an uncertain voice.

"So?", he raised an eyebrow in questioning, and she looked up into his eyes.

She thought that most Indians have dark shades of brown colored eyes which seemed to appear black if looked at from a distance but him, his eyes were actually black, with no traces of brown except the specs of coffee brown now that she was standing so close to him.

"You could have chosen the latter. Rana is a nice guy he wouldn't have minded a little attention you know", he suggested.

She didn't seem to have a reply but when she saw him looking at her expectedly waiting for a reply, she waved him off with a dismissing hand saying, "Y-You don't understand!"

He made a 'huh' sound of exclamation but then it hit him and she could see the wheels in his head turning.

"Oh, oh, oh, now I get it. You have a crush on me", it wasn't a question, he followed his assumption with his iconic smirk thrown at her.

"What? How did you even come up with such baseless reasoning, that doesn't even make sense!"

"Then you tell me the reason?", now he had his arms crossed on his chest, a light breeze moved the short dark brown curls on his forehead.

"Ugh, how dumb could you be?", he opened his mouth to argue when the words that left her next left took him by surprise, "he is my crush! You happy now? That's why I didn't want to flirt with him, he would have known and then you had to enter the class with that boisterous aura of yours and..." the rest was explanatory in itself.

He was silent for some time as she looked up from her fidgeting fingers and found him looking over at Jay who had been playing volleyball with the kids in their class when he turned and met her eyes, "So you chose me over him?"

"What?!", her voice raised a few octaves and some girls sitting by the bench a little away from them looked over.

"You chose me over your crush", there was his assertive voice again.

'Always making assumptions', she thought to herself.

"I heard you the first time and look here dream boy, you are getting it all wrong what I am trying to say is you were my only option, it was easier since we don't really talk and I could have gotten away with saying um..that I am shy?", she was still fidgeting with her fingers.

He scoffed at the last line, her and shy didn't go well in the same sentence. If he had a boisterous aura, she was the epitome of flamboyant.

"Whatever keeps your daydreaming in check", he said.

She could see his buzzing energy radiating from him as he watched the kids playing volleyball.

He couldn't stand still in one place all the time, he had to move, he had to keep himself busy and she knew better because they were always almost running into each other in the narrow aisles between seats of their classroom, in hallways and even on their way back home.

"It's you who is so delusional or else-", she stopped herself midway and took a deep breath, "Look, I came here to apologize because I didn't want all these rumors and I believe it must have been hard for you too, to be the subject of everyone's entertainment. Let's tell everyone that it was a misunderstanding and you don't like me, alright?"

"First of all, I don't care and why is that required, let people think what they want to. Truth comes out at the end", he shrugged with his hands in his pocket.

"If you are done, I will be going now", and before she could say anything, he was out with the light breeze leaving the scent of jasmine and daydream.

✮ ⋆ ˚。⋆。°✩

ah! to be back at school again, i would give anything

so loveliess, for those who stayed, 🍰 here's a treat for you and thank you for staying till here, i would love to know how you liked Chavi and Garvit so far, it would keep me motivated and help me consistent with my updates 3

much love ~ from your runahem