2281 - 2290

2281. Health problems such as obesity, diabetes, hypertension, and depression are unrelated to the amount and quality of a person's sleep.

2282. Sleeping directly after learning something new will improve your ability to remember it effectively.

2283. Getting your beauty sleep can help regulate hormones that control appetite, so you’ll eat fewer calories overall when you snooze for seven to nine hours per night, compared with when you're under slept. Specifically, lack of sleep can decrease ghrelin, a hormone that helps you feel satiated, and increase the hunger hormone leptin. Moreover, not sleeping enough makes you more likely to reach for unhealthy foods: Cravings for high-calorie, fatty foods surge by 45 percent when you're sleep-deprived.

2284. Studies show that people who sleep with multiple pillows are often lonely and depressed.

2285. Dreams may not serve any purpose at all but be merely a meaningless by product of two evolutionary adaptations - sleep and consciousness.

2286. Babies steal 1,055 hours from their parents. According to data from Medical Daily, new parents lose an average of 44 days of sleep per year from their beautiful, sleepless newborn.

2287. Women sleep more than men.

2288. Public humiliation, falling, flying and unpreparedness are some common dreams found in socio-economic classes and cultures of the world and these dreams are a direct result of human anxieties.

2289. The cerebellum is the part of the brain responsible for posture, walking, and movement coordination. It is located in the back of the brain and weighs 150 grams.

2290. While humans have the largest brains proportional to body weight of all animals, we don’t have the biggest brains.