Chapter 10: The Hot Spring!

Pete and Claire began walking to the southern exit of the farm. Along the way, they could see how extensive the fields were. They passed by the chicken coop and windmill located near the southern exit.

"It's the coop that Zack mentioned," Claire observed the two structures. It looked a little rundown, but it was in stable condition.

"This is where we'll raise chickens, I believe." Pete nodded. I still remember when I was chased by a flock of them. They'd check out the structures later.

A river ran the perimeter of the farm. Over the river, a bridge connected the farm to the forests in the south, forming the path of the southern exit. They crossed over the bridge and entered the forests.

...

..

.

Entering the forests, Pete and Claire saw a path leading to an intersection. To their left, trees with bright pink leaves were spread around the green fields. Pink petals flew in the morning breeze. It made for a wonderful view of nature.

"Wow," Claire said in awe. "Look at those trees, Pete! I've never seen pink leaves before."

"I think those are cherry trees?" Pete observed the trees as they followed the path. I think they're a prominent plant in the Spring seasons.

Through those trees, there was a large wooden house with a chimney settled in the distance. Claire wondered what it was. There's a house in the forest...?

"This way, Claire." Pete turned to the right where there was a sloped path. It led to a different area. "I think the hot springs are up here."

"I would have never figured out there was a hot spring in the town." Claire watched her step on the inclined path.

"Didn't you get a map when you arrived here?"

"... No." She answered in a low voice. "I... might have forgotten to take it."

Pete chuckled in response. She was so excited to come here, huh? After walking to the end of the path, the sounds of crashing waters filled the environment. His gaze drifted to the spring. He saw a waterfall streaming into the spring. Bamboo trees grew near the waterfall.

"Oh my...!" Claire's eyes sparkled with excitement. "Pete, is that what I think it is?"

"Hmmm...?" He followed her line of sight away from the waterfall. There was a hot spring with a little hut. Fog rose into the air. "Oh, there it is."

"Is that the hot spring?!" Claire dashed to the wooden sign planted in front of it. She inspected it closely. The sign read:

Welcome to the super relaxing hot spring!

A good soak here will help recover your stamina and relieve your fatigue!

Please wear a swimsuit when bathing.

"It is!" She jumped around in joy. I've never been in a hot spring before! Now, this would be an exciting part of her life. I didn't bring a swimsuit but that's fine!

"Well, go on in." Pete walked to the other wooden sign and read it. If you throw an egg in here, you will get a hot spring egg...? That fact made him scratch his head.

"You better not peek in while I'm changing." Claire entered the hut.

"Don't worry." Pete turned to the waterfall. He saw a dark entrance to the north. "I value my head too much."