Chapter 25: The Yodel Ranch!

After the delightful visit to PoPoultry Farm and meeting Popuri's family, the two farmers continued with their exploration of Mineral Town. Since they've visited the blacksmith and the chicken farm coming this way, naturally they continued along the same path.

"Let's see... I think I recall there being another animal farm along this road." Pete said as he walked. When Pete and Claire first arrived in the town, this was the same path they used to find their farm.

"It's convenient having the animal farms so close to the entrance," Claire replied, her arms resting behind her back. They wouldn't have to walk that far ahead for all things animal-related. Although, I didn't really pay attention when arriving here...

DING DONG DING DONG!

Bell-like sounds echoed from their right side, increasing in volume as the pair walked closer to the next entrance.

"Hum...?" Pete and Claire stood in front of a ranch, seeing the logos of a cow's face and a horseshoe on top. In the distance, they saw a couple of cows and sheep following a little girl who was ringing a bell at the animals.

"Oh...!" Claire's eyes widened, curiosity adorning her gaze. That must be where the bell sound is coming from! I think those animals are following it...?

Pete, while having the same curiosity but not to the same extent as Claire, walked to the sign in front of the ranch that stated:

Yodel Ranch!

Closed Mondays.

We're open from 10:00 AM to 03:00 PM!

"The Yodel Ranch, huh?" Pete stroked his chin in deep thought. So this is right next to the chicken farm...

"Look at those cows and sheep, Pete." Claire patted his shoulder, drawing his attention. "They look so fluffy!"

"They certainly do." Pete folded his arms, sharing in her sight. The animals appeared very gentle as they approached the little girl. They must have a loving caretaker...

"... Hum?" Sensing a few eyes in her direction, the little girl turned around and noticed the two farmers. "Oh, visitors!" The little girl's eyes lit up as she skipped to them, the bell in her hands ringing as she did. "Hello there, mister and missis!"

"Hi!" Pete waved and dropped his hands to his knees

"Hello!" Claire beamed. Awww, she looks adorable!

"Are you travelers?" The little girl looked up at them, full of innocence in her eyes. "I don't think I've seen you two before."

"Haha, we're actually new here!" Pete grinned. "We recently moved into the old farm way over there."