Chapter 5

"And you're my best friend, out of everyone in this confusing supernatural world."

Nina and Sam shifted back in the forest, grabbing the clothes that they hid in bushes. They walked back to the clearing seeing everyone waiting except for Jake and Bella.
"What happens now?"
Paul asks looking between Sam and Nina.

"It's up to Nina."
Sam stated looking in Nina's direction.

"So I can be alpha if I choose to be?"
Nina questioned.

"Yeah but I advice that I give orders and if a decision involves the pack's life on the line then we make a decision together. You'll be my second until you're ready."
Sam suggests and Nina nodded slowly.

"Yeah I agree with that."
Nina agreed.

"It's settled then."
Sam nods walking away.

"You're still doing patrol."
Sam added making Nina groan.

"Fine."
Nina grumbled going into the forest to shift. Once she shifted she saw Jared.

'Can't let you patrol alone.'
Jared thought.

'Who told you that?'
Nina asked as they started walking.

'Embry didn't want you to and Sam didn't want Embry to go with you.'
Jared answered.

'Ahhh makes sense.'
Nina nodded.

They started patrolling and all Nina thought about was Embry. His laugh, his jokes, the way he looks at her, his smile and then she thought back to when she first shifted.

Nina was hoping around on her four paws.
'You're so cute, baby.'
Embry thought and it still makes her all happy inside.

'Will you shut up?'
Jared scowled.

'Already see enough of you two being all lovey dovey.'
Jared thought. His mind flashed threw all their PDA.

'You're just jealous you haven't imprinted.'
Nina reassured.

'Can't deny that.'
Jared thought before he could object it.

'You'll find them one day.'
Nina comforted.

'Nina.'
Jared called.

'Yeah?'
Nina asked looking around still doing her laps.

'I really am happy for you. After, everything you went through with Paul, you deserve the world.'
Jared told her truthfully.

'Thank you.'
Nina thought gratefully.

'And you're my best friend, out of everyone in this confusing supernatural world.'
Jared joked but with truth.

'You're my best friend to, but why are you thinking of all this mushy stuff?'
Nina asked.

'I've been thinking about how these bloodsuckers keep coming onto our turf and how there's Bella and all. What if, one of them gets their cold blooded hands on one of us? And I don't want that to be you, and regret not telling you how much I do care about you.'
Jared rambled with all these thoughts in his head.

'I care a lot about you to, I don't know what I'd do without you. You've been by my side with no questions asked. And hey, you've never had a crush on me that's cool.'
Nina half-joked.

'Yeah that's something isn't it? Basically everyone in La push has had a thing for you, the only person I know who hasn't is Sam.
Jared laughed along with Nina.