Chapter 8

"Yeah, he makes me the happiest I have ever been."

"Hey, Nina."
Sue greeted as Nina and Embry came into the house putting the soup on the stove. Embry smiled how well his imprint and the family were getting along.

"Hi, Sue. I hope hamburger soup is alright?"
Nina asked coming into the living room with Embry behind her.

"Yes, dear it's alright."
Sue assured, the two siblings nodded. Embry placed a hand on Nina's lower back.

"I gotta head out, I just came to help Nina drop off the soup."
Embry told them Sue nodded sweetly, before he leaned over Nina's shoulder and shared a soft kiss. He made his way out sending a last smile to Nina which she returned. Nina took a seat on a chair.

"How long have you guys been together?"
Sue asked, she knew they were together it was pretty obvious but she was curious how long the two have been with each other.

"A month tomorrow."
Nina answered smiling widely.

"How sweet, you guys are so in love."
Sue told her sweetly, she absolutely adored the couple. Nina blushed trying to hide it.

"Didn't you use to date that boy Paul?"
Sue asked curiously.

"Yeah, my freshman year."
Nina answered easily, she didn't feel bothered about the topic of Paul as her ex. It was in the past, she would never take away the memories it was one of her best years, but she would never get back together with him. Her favourite year is this one, she's with the most wonderful guy, who makes her feel like she's the only girl existing, something Paul didn't do unless it was just them.

"You guys were cute, but you and Embry are perfect."
Sue said truthfully, Nina agreed with a blush.

"Yeah, he makes me the happiest I've ever been."
Nina smiles looking at the ground thinking of all the happy memories with Embry... which is every memory she realizes.

"So how has school been going for you, Nina?"
Sue asks softly.

"It's been alright, flunking a few classes but I'll catch up eventually."
Nina shrugs. Truth is she doesn't even really know if she wants to graduate. I mean she has vampires to worry about, education is the last thing on her mind.

"I know you will, sweetheart."
Sue said in a soothe tone. Nina gave her a warm smile.

"So, Seth heard you're into cars?"
Nina asks hoping it's true. Seth half smiled and it seemed kinda forced.

"Yeah, I have since I was younger. My dad used to show me his cars that he was working on."
Seth had a sad tone. Nina smiled of sympathy.

"Do you maybe wanna work on a car with me?"
Nina offered, Seth's eyes lit up.

"Y-yeah that would be cool."
Seth stuttered but tried to play it off. Nina smiled widely, happy that she made him happy.

"Great we can start tomorrow."
Nina sweetly said, Leah smiled her eyes held appreciation.

The door opens and in walks Jared.

"Hi, Sue, Leah and Seth."
Jared smiled as he hugged each one of them, the last one being Leah who awkwardly hugged him. She's not a very touchy person.

"Hey, Nina. Sam wants us to pick up a shift."
Jared tells her. The Clearwater siblings don't know about the pack as for them not shifting but Sue does know.

"But I don't wanna work."
Nina whines. Leah chuckles along with her brother and Sue.

"Too bad. Sam says they need us right now, it was lovely seeing all of you guys again and I'm sorry it cut to a short visit."
Jared apologizes while grabbing Nina's arm dragging her to the door.

"See you tomorrow Seth. I'll pick you up at
10 am."
Nina tells Seth as he gives her a smile and a thumbs up. Nina and Jared leave the house shutting the door and begin walking to Emily and Sam's house.

"Got a date with Seth?"
Jared jokes nudging Nina as she chuckles lightly.

"No I'm gonna work on a truck with him since he's into cars. You know, take his mind off of things for a bit."
Nina says.

"He's into more than cars."
Jared smiles teasingly which Nina didn't catch onto.

"Like what?"
Nina asks turning to Jared.

"You."
Jared chuckles and Nina's eyes widen.

"What no. Why would you say that?"
Nina asks as Jared laughs a bit more.

"He told me before I shifted, he was like my little brother he told me everything."
Jared shrugs. He phased about 6-7 months ago.

"You phased a little over half a year ago, maybe the feelings went away."
Nina shrugged not digging into it.

"When you see your crush everywhere you go, the feelings linger for awhile. I mean come on you guys go to the same school, live on the same rez, hangout in the same spots. The only place he doesn't see you is Sam's."
Jared explains.

"Well, he knows I'm with Embry and he'll probably be there so I'm sure Seth will respect me and Embry."
Nina tells him.

"Oh no doubt about that. He's a good kid I'm just letting you know."
Jared says as we reach Sam's place.

We see Jacob toss Paul down the stairs of the back porch as we came threw the backyard.

Nina runs up to them.
"Do we have to throw each other off the porch everyday?"
Nina sighs as she reaches Paul and helps him up. Jacob tried to walk face to face with Paul fuming but Nina put a hand on his chest to stop him.

"Hey, hey, hey what happened?"
Nina has a concern voice.

"Paul imprinted on Rachel."
Jacob said not breaking the stare down between him and Paul. Rachel is Jacob and Nina's sister.

"I understand you're mad, Jacob. But, he can't control who he imprints on just as much as you can't force an imprint on Bella."
Nina knew that struck a nerve as soon as the words slipped out. She didn't regret it.

"Shut the fuck up, Nina."
Jacob snapped glaring at her now. She now seemed to be his target and Nina was a bit excited to see if her and Jacob would fight. Jacob starting to get in her face now not Paul's at all anymore.

"Watch it, Jacob. I will knock your ass down in a heartbeat if you ever try to harm her."
Jared pushed Jacob back a few feet with one shove. He glared harshly at him, he would never let a pinch of harm be done to Nina.

"Whatever."
Jacob says shifting sprinting into the forest.

"Does this mean he can do Jared and I's shift?"
Nina asks half joking.

"No."
Sam says sternly walking back into the house, everyone but Jared follows. Paul was about to walk past but Nina put a hand at his shoulder stopping him in his tracks.

"Hey, congrats on imprinting. Just gotta go through what we all did."
Nina jokes truthfully. They all hurt someone because of who they imprinted on. When
Sam imprinted on Emily he hurt Leah. When Embry imprinted on Nina he hurt Paul. Now Paul hurt Jacob.

"Yeah, guess that thing about 'go threw a storm to see a rainbow' is true for this. But thank you."
Paul chuckles as he kisses her head before heading inside. Nina and Jared begin walking to the forest before shifting.