Chapter 14

I was sure Seth didn't like me.

I thought it could be because we are not the same snake species, but I felt sad in a corner of my heart.

I crouched down.

I couldn't be welcomed by everyone. Still, I didn't like it even if I knew it was inevitable. I hid the colored paper I was going to give as a gift.

"Miss Irene, don't be so heartbroken. You can get along with Master Seth."

"Pii."

"Do you want to be friends with me?"

Seth tilted his head expressionlessly and I poked my head out.

'Will you accept this if I say I want to be friends with you?'

The folded butterfly was a little crumpled, but this was the only thing I had now.

"What a strange kid. I guess you are not afraid of my leaking pheromones."

"That is the charm of Miss Irene."

"Everyone was trembling and busy running away."

Seth approached and held out his palm. I glanced at him and handed him the colored paper.

"I'll take it."

"······Pii."

"But I'm not very happy with you. I don't want you to be seen by me in the future. If you want to keep living."

Rosaria's expression hardened as the atmosphere changed terribly.

"Sir, if you say more than that, I have no choice but to report to the Lord. Please be nice."

"Oh, yes. Then I'll stop here. It'll be hard if my father knows this."

An arrogant smile resembling Cade was painted around Seth's mouth. I kept staring at him in Rosaria's arms, as he was about to take a step back, he looked down on my legs and spoke in a pathetic tone.

"I thought I smelled blood. Looks like it fell and got a wound."

Rosaria took a look at my leg at Seth's words. It wasn't a big fall, so it was only a very small scratch, but she turned white.

"Miss Irene, where did you get this wound······. When did you fall down?"

"Pii."

For some reason, the pain seemed to come back belatedly. Maybe it was because I was relaxed.

"It hurts, Rosaria. Please blow 'Ho, Ho.'"

Seth, who was watching me being taken care of by Rosaria, frowned.

"I don't need a sibling like you with a body that gets hurt from just falling down. You're weak."

With that, I became a weak baby bird.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

That's how the outing ended.

After returning to the room and washing briefly, Rosaria applied medicine to my leg and meticulously put on a band-aid.

It wasn't that long, but it felt like ten million years had passed. I lay on the bed as I hugged the pillow.

"Pii······. Pii."

My voice sank as I was still hurting.

"Miss Irene, are you still very upset?"

Rosaria asked, stroking my head.

I nodded slowly.

The lingering feeling of the intense first meeting that happened in the garden did not go away.