Bonus chapter: 'A Pre-Xmas Declaration'

Author: I tried my best with the images above. Time to meet the true Mastermind.

Somewhere in Night city, the man who has adopted the title of Mastermind walks into a room with a round table. Several people sit around the table and turn to the Mastermind.

Mastermind: Greetings my friends... You are probably wondering who I am and why I asked you here. Well I am need of your assistance. You are all familiar with the so called Reaper.

The mastermind smiles behind his mask as he notices glares on all of his guests faces. He takes a seat at the head of the table. He passes a folder to each of them.

Mastermind: I am the one who will offer you the tech to take him down... But you must follow my lead to the letter. I will need your battle with him to be public and easily seen by the media.

Mystery person (1): Why? Do you have some beef with this Reaper as well?

Mastermind: Not at all... I merely wish to use him to further my goals. If Arasaka sees his Nanobots in action then they'll hand me the tech to manufacture Nanobots.

Mystery person (2): You think you can do that? There is only one man I know who can make Nanobots as powerful as his.

Mastermind: Of course I do... I merely lack the tech. Tech that only Arasaka can provide.

The mysterious person nods their head in understanding.

Mastermind: Those of you interested in killing the Reaper... Raise your hand.

The Mastermind notices six hands go up but two do not. 

Mastermind: May I ask why your hands are down?

Mystery person (3): He took down Adam Smasher. I'd be crazy to pick a fight with him even with any tech you give me so... I am out.

The Mastermind and the six who lifted their hands look to the last person.

Mastermind: And you?

Mystery person (4): His name is Y/N... I have no grudge against him and I have no desire to betray him again.

Mastermind: Then the two of you may leave... But if you change your mind. 

Somewhere else in Night city you stand surrounded by Tyger Claws. You stare above you to see Rebecca hanging from the ceiling in a cell.

Y/N: Again?!

Rebecca: Hey what can I say?! People love to hold me hostage!

You slap your hand against your masked face in disappointment.

Tyger Claw: You want her back... You need to pay us!

Nanobots slowly cover the ground beneath you as shotguns form in your hands. You cross your arms and glare at the Tyger Claws in front of you.

Y/N: You want payment? Then I'll pay you with your lives!

You spin round as the Tyger Claws begins shooting at you. Their bullets phase through you as you shoot bullets in every direction except up and down.

Y/N: Die! Die! Die!

Rebecca stares unamused in her cage as you easily wipe out the Tyger Claws all around you. A bullet snaps the chain holding Rebecca up and Bob catches the cage and gently places it down.

Ashe: So she gets kidnapped a lot?

Y/N: Pretty much.

Rebecca: That was so fucking lame.

You turn to Rebecca confused as she climbs out the cage with Bob's help.

Y/N: What was?

Rebecca: That dumb line you said... 'I'll pay you with your lives'... I mean that was just so dumb.