Chapter 17

After multiple police investigations and all-nighters being there for Hazel, you finally had a theory.

"You know the cards that I get from Reese right?" You showed her some of the cards while you paced around her room.

She nodded her head. "What if every time I get an ace something bad happens? Think about it. Ace of diamonds Nate you know, then the ace of clubs Theo..." Your voice trailed off. "The point is if this is true then we need to be ready for the next two. It would also mean someone murdered Nate."

She nodded her head in agreement. "It's a little too outlandish. Why would anyone murder Nate or Theo they haven't done anything?"

I shrugged. I looked at the clock "We would be in fourth period right now." You commented. You and Hazel have been through traumatizing shit and deserved a mental health day.

Your phone buzzed and you saw you got another commission. You were about to text them that you were taking a break until you read it. It wasn't a commission but a message to you.

"Hey (y/n) I don't have a lot of time. My brother is nearby but don't trust any king. Not even Theo." You read. How did they know who you were? Who was this person?

You didn't respond and just turned your phone off.

"Sorry about that. Don't know who it was." You smiled.

"I'm sorry." She sighed.

"For what?"

"You'll find out soon."

I'm sorry for the short chapter but I have no ideas for this part of the story. I've decided to do a Q&A for the next one as I get rid of some of my writer's block.