7 ~ The Final Warning

800 votes fasttt!!!

Nandani POV

I came back to my chamber and sat on the bed.

My heart was beating insanely fast afraid of what I saw.

I saw Rudra's face in the water. I had to see the King's face.

But, the ritual was sacred and proven.

I knew he knowingly did it. He knowingly stepped forward to prevent me from watching the King's face in the water.

How could he?

How the hell could he do it?

I fisted my hand on the bedsheet and suddenly there was a loud knock on my door.

"Nandani,"

I heard my mother's voice and washed tears to open the door.

"Maa-sa,"

I said and saw her holding the food plate in her hand.

She entered the chamber and walked towards the couch. Keeping the plate on the table she asked.

"You should have food now,"

I walked to her and sat beside her.

She took a bite with her hand and forwarded her hand to feed me.

I gulped and brought my mouth closer to it.

"Nandani, you should think about it again?"

She said.

The tears were on the edge of my eyes and I looked at her.

"Have you heard anything from Nand?"

I asked her about my twin brother.

She gulped and shook her face.

"Nothing, since he got to know what Rudra did to you, he had just isolated himself in Pratapgarh. The head commander wrote to us that he does not want to talk to anyone,"

She said and fed me another bite.

I chewed it and muttered.

"Then, how can I think about it again? Maa-sa,"

I questioned and she looked at me.

"It all happened because of me. Abhinandan ran from here because he could see me in pain. He could not see what happened to me. He thinks that it happened because of him. Because he brought Rudra here. He is just broken and it broke him more to see his trust-breaking. And, Rudra is a clever man. He is the head commander of Suryagarh's army. He can claim the throne at any moment and I believe he must be working towards it. Even, if he would not attack us but Abhinandan will. Some day, at some time when he will come out of the grief, he will think of killing him. The battle between them is inevitable. And, in all this what I can do is take my brother's side by strengthening our position. My marriage with the King will strengthen us. No matter what happens to the King, if I bear his child, the people will listen to the queen. It is not about me, not about anyone but it is about my brother, Nand. And for him, I do not want to think about that again. The sooner the better,"

I started and she broke into tears.

"I do not know Nandani. I have never felt this helpless before. Never. On one side, it's you and other it's your brother. I love you both equally but we cannot deny what you are saying. But, the price is too much. We cannot afford it,"

Her lips trembling and she held my hand.

"The King is a gentleman, Maa-sa. What if he is old? At least, I will be a queen and no one will question my virtue after the wedding. Because the King is the powerful one after all,"