23. We All Make Mistakes

I have an important announcement to make.

Dear readers, this is the last chapter of Another Man's Treasure here on Wattpad.

I apologize for the sudden news, but I have progressed as an author over the years and is now a Contracted Premium Writer on Webnovel!

With this success also comes a loss. Wattpad will always be dear to my heart since I've been a reader on here for many many years and when I started writing I was opened to a brand new world, and for that I say thank you to all of you that has supported this book and made me the author that I am today.

Nathan and Madison will be okay, they wanted me to tell you that.

And that their story isn't done, this book will continue on Webnovel.

If you would like to still keep this book near to your heart and support me, my Webnovel username is @cat_mickie

Once again, thank you!

Enjoy this chapter. <3

Nathan~~

Sprinting behind Madison through the hospital hallways feels all too familiar for me, letting the aching, burning feeling in my chest cave up and expand, making me lose my train of thought and my surroundings, making me only think of him.

Him.

Time seems to be moving slower as I hear Madison's cries before me mixed with her heels clinking against the tiled floor, searching for her mother's room and once we do she pauses at the sight of multiple nurses and doctors in the room.

I back away.

This... This feels all too familiar.

Him.

I can't stop thinking of him.

Madison rushes in the room and I continue to back away, not sure what I should do now, I can't even pull myself together for her.

Yes for her, we have suddenly became close with each other, well I would say we're not strangers anymore. We getting married.

That's what she told him, her ex, the controlling asshole. She just pulled me further into their mess and I actually can't believe she said that to him still, and maybe the way I reacted wasn't the right thing to do but I was pushed into a corner, left speechless to defend for myself and I took it out on her.

What we both did was wrong, she needs to control her words, and I need to control my...arrogant temper.

We all make mistakes, right?

From outside the room I hear her mother's heart monitor beeping rapidly and in a blur I watch as Madison turns back to look at me, wondering why I'm not in the room with her. I know that look in her eyes, she's lost and scared, scared of the unknown.

I look at her face, tears streaming down her cheeks and ruined mascara mixed with it and her hair disheveled.
''I'm right by your side.'' I mouth to her through the window.

And before turning back to the doctor in the room, I watch her let out a sigh of relief.

...

Cold water I splash on my face in hopes to wake me up, make me get out of this trance, make me forget about my brother.