Out of the Camp

1 Day until the children arrive

Marigold's POV

I woke up to an unsettling feeling in my stomach. Something was wrong. I quickly got up and exited my tent, giving the Narnians hastily greetings as I rushed by them. I continued to follow the feeling, making me weave in between tents. I eventually came to the edge of the camp, but my gut told me to continue on. I know that Oreius instructed me to never leave the camp but I couldn't ignore the instincts I felt.

I looked back to the camp, not seeing anyone, before running out of the camp. I picked up my speed, running faster than I did yesterday, following the pull.

I dodged branches and trees while jumping over roots and streams to get to my destination. I knew I was close when the feeling in my gut left me. I sniffed the air and growled quietly when the odor of a wolf filled my senses as well as a faint scent of blood. I crept closer to the smell, staying low to the ground until I came upon a clearing.

"Please, no! Don't hurt me!" A badger pleaded. A wolf held him down, growling at him.

"Tell me where to find her!" The wolf demanded. I recognized his voice as one of the wolves that was sent to hunt me down.

"I don't know of any lioness! As far as I know, they don't exist! Please, you have to believe me!" The badger pleaded with him.

"Well, then that means you're of no use to me." The wolf spat.

Knowing what was to come next, I jumped out of my spot and tackled the wolf, freeing the badger. I rolled with him a few times before throwing him to the side. We both stood back up and started to circle one another.

"Well, well. We meet again." He chuckled.

"You're going to wish we hadn't." I threatened.

"We'll see about that. My Queen wants you dead." He said.

"Well, I want her dead so I'm afraid we're at an impasse." I mock.

"I'm going to bring her your head." The wolf snarled.

"I dare you to try." I challenged.

He growled, annoyed, before jumping towards me. I quickly jumped at him and met him in the middle. I wrestled with him again, trying to keep his teeth away from my throat. I got my feet under him and kicked up, flipping him behind me on his back. I quickly get on top of him and try to go for his neck. He was faster and sank his canines into my front leg, I growled in pain before knocking my head with his, rendering him dizzy and making him let go of my front leg. I scratched his face with my claws, making his head fall back, revealing my target. I sink my teeth into his neck and jerk my head up, snapping his neck.

His body goes limp under mine and I get off it, breathing heavily. I looked over to the badger to see if he was okay.

"You're real..." He said in awe to me. It was only then that I realized he was an older Badger. I give him a small nod and smile.

"Are you alright?" I asked him, catching my breath, and he nodded before falling to the ground at my feet.

"Thank you! Thank you!" He cried.

"Please, get up, friend." I ask and he obeys, getting up off the ground.

"How did you find me?" He asked me.

"The deep magic led me here, I believe. But anyhow, I'm glad you're alright." I tell him.

"I'm more worried about you, your leg's all messed up. Come, let me help you." He offers but I shake my head.