Chapter 20 - Traitor

I really hoped that this was the last f*cking game.

I stood up with barely any energy left and saw three people sitting on a chair with a hood over their heads. I sighed in relief.

"Zeke, let's go. We made it!" I said to him as we both ran towards them. But then the buckets tilted over them, sizzling, as the liquid made contact with them. I screamed in horror as my heart dropped to my stomach.

"NOOO!!!" Zeke screamed as the liquid sizzled over the three bodies. My legs gave out as I looked in shock, shaking at the scene before me.

Zeke screamed his lungs out.

Out of shock, he dropped to his knees and wailed.

"NO. NO. NO!! WE WERE ON TIME" He was screaming as he hit the floor with his fist. Tears flowed out of my eyes as I put a hand on my mouth. Then my shock was cut short by a clap.

Clap. Clap. Clap.

The man in a red mask from the video walked out.

"Well. Well. That was quite an entertaining show, I must say. How were the games?" He said laughing.

I looked at him with anger as both me and Zeke stood up to shoot him. But we were stopped by something pricking our necks. I removed a solid tube from my neck and saw that it was a tranquilizing needle. Both Zeke and I fell to the floor as were left paralyzed.

They shot us from the back.

"You mother*cker!" I weakly gritted out.

"Oh relax. It's just Atracurium. It's only a small dose. You'll be fine in 20 minutes" he said, nonchalantly disregarding the neuromuscular blocking drug he put in us. He slowly walked towards us and crouched down. Zeke looked at him with murderous eyes.

"We..were on..f*cking time" He told him, struggling to fight the paralysis.

"Oh, I know. But it wouldn't have been fun that way. The looks on your faces were priceless" He laughed. I looked at him speechless.

"I'm going..to..kill you..you b*tch" Zeke promised.

The man laughed manically and grabbed the guns from our hands. He kept one in his hand and slid the other one across the room.

"This is great. This is great…Well, I have a few surprises for you" The man walked away from us to the end of the room.

It was now the chance to look around the room. The room was white, but there were some things laying around. A collection of chains in one corner, some metal buckets, a few shards of glass on the other side. Apart from that, there was nothing there. The man came back, but a group of other masked people walked out.

"Now, I'm going to reveal the first surprise. Bring'em out!" The man yelled as some men dragged out three chained-up people. I let out a small sob of relief.

It was Donatello, Evelina, and Flavio.

Zeke started to cry as he saw his family again. They were beat-up, but they were alive. Thank God. They also sighed in relief as they looked at us.

"Tadaa. Do you like your surprise, Zekey? The people I poured the acid on were already dead. What do you think, Zeke?" The man leaned towards Zeke. Zeke seethed at him.

"Tie them up to a chair for me, please. Oh, and remove whatever they have in their f*cking ears" The man said to one of the men.

Two guys walked to us and aggressively lifted us up and put us on a chair. They tightly tied our body to the chair, so that we could stay upright. They also forcefully took out the earplugs Mattia gave us.