chapter 9

Soooo I've realised I'm terrible at describing things so pictures in this chapter and following ones.

"I don't have to stay for dinner"  Aria said as they entered Ares bedroom.
"Would you prefer to stand in a corner watching us eat?" Ares replied sarcastically replied only his attitude changed when he saw her face.

"Well that would just be extremely rude and uncomfortable, besides you need food. And if I didn't say yeah, my mum would have made you food anyway. And you would get a lecture of her and Jake" he explained.

"Jake?" She questioned wanting to switch the topic.

"My brother, he's in university, studying to become a doctor so you can imagine how much he goes on about nutrition " Ares said as he took a seat.

Aria didn't know what to do. She was not allowed to sit on furniture at home.

"Come sit, we need to start on that project" Ares said watching her actions closely.

(Instead of hockey stuff, it would be football stuff

(Instead of hockey stuff, it would be football stuff. And lots of trophies on the shelves. He also has a desk and stuff )

Aria took a seat on the sofa with him. She felt awkward but she felt safe.

The two then got on with their project. Only half an hour later was a knock on the day.
"Come in" Ares called knowing it was most likely his mother. His brothers rarely knocked and his father rather summon him to his office than go to his room.

"Hello, I don't mean to disturb you both. I just thought I'd bring you both some drinks up. Dinner will be ready in half an hour"

Ares found his mum's behaviour weird. She made it a point that if they wanted a drink they had to make it themselves.

"Here you are Aria" he saw how sad his mother looked when Aria didn't look up. He didn't blame Aria though, she obviously had trust issues.

"It's lovely to meet you. I hope you are both getting along nicely" she said.

Aria only responded with a nod which was enough for Jess who smiled brightly. Aria had half expected her to shout at her for sitting on the sofa or worse sitting near her son.

"Great I'll leave you to it" Jess said leaving the room.

She knew she shouldn't get her hopes up but they looked so similar that it was hard not too. They needed to do a DNA test but she didn't want Ares or even Aria to know because if it was negative then Ares would find out he had a twin and it would disturb Aria's entire life.

She didn't want to hurt them.

"Daniel please just join us for dinner. Greyson isn't here tonight and Jake is staying late. It's just Xander,Ares, Aria and I" Jess said asking her husband once more. He refused.

"I have work" he said like it was nothing.

He walked out of the kitchen only to see his youngest son walking with a girl who had her head down. They both were walking to the kitchen. Ares smiled seeing his dad. For some reason he was excited to introduce Aria to his family.
"Dad this is Aria, Aria this is my dad" he said.

Daniel wasn't happy. He was practically being forced to meet the girl. He didn't like her being here and wanted her to leave.

"It's nice to meet you" Daniel said holding his hand out for her to shake. He figured treating her in a business way would be the best.

He didn't expect her to flinch. He found is suspicious. "Well I need to get back to my office I have work to do" he said.

He never got the chance to see her face.

At least not yet.

But when he got back to his office and sat down he had Luke's background information and anything else he could find.  Like he told his wife, he was working.

He didn't care that she wasn't his princess, he had heard a little of how her brother treated her and he didn't like it. Just now confirmed it for him that it wasn't just the brother.

He hated any type of criminals but since the loss of his daughter, he especially hated criminals who abused or killed children.
He loved to send them to prison. Any child abuse case or murder he would take it on. His thought process was based on his daughter. He couldn't save her so he saved any child he could by making sure the offenders served a long sentence.