chapter 21

Breakfast was unusually quiet, most likely due to the fact everyone was nervous about the twins finding out, Aria was always a little nervous so she rarely spoke, Xander and Ares were to busy on their phones.

After breakfast, before Aria followed Xander and Ares upstairs as they both wanted to spend time with her, Jessica called her over. Both parents were nervous.

"We'd like to talk to you Aria" Daniel said noticing his wife was too nervous.

"Okay" Aria agreed not that she had a choice.

"I think it's best we have this conversation in my office so we don't have the boys interrupting " Daniel continued.

"It's going to be okay" Daniel whispered to his wife as they went to his office.

"Now we both have something important to discuss with you" Daniel said once everyone was sat down.

Aria on the sofa, and her parents on another. Aria had purposely chosen to not sit next to them.

"We wanted to talk to you about your family"  Jessica said.

"You found them didn't you?" Aria asked, a wave of sadness was felt when she realised she would have to leave.

"Yes, it turns out you have two parents and 4 brothers. They all missed you so much"

"Okay. Well I should probably go say goodbye to Ares, thank you for everything " Aria was scared to face her family. Maybe deep down she wanted to stay with this family, they had shown her so much love over the past week or so.

"Aria you don't need to say goodbye " Daniel said, even he was struggling now.

"I thought you said they missed me, do they not want me?" Aria whispered.

"They want you " Jessica quickly said.

"So they live close by? I can still visit?"

Both of them were nervous about telling her the truth.

"Aria we are your parents " Daniel finally said.

They waited for any kind of response but she just stared blankly.

"Aria we love you, you were taken from the hospital days after you were born" Jessica said, she always felt guilty for Aria going missing.

"We searched Aria, we really did. Then there was evidence you were dead. The exact clothing you went missing was found along with other evidence and a confession" Daniel told her not wanting her to know the extent as to what was found.

"Ares. He looks like me, we're the same age, does that mean he's my....my...twin?" She finally spoke.

"Yes. We never told Ares or Xander about you. We are going to tell Ares and Xander next. We never told them because we saw how much it broke Grayson and Jake. They were never the same and we wanted Ares and Xander not to feel the constant pain of loosing you like we all did" Daniel explained.

"Okay" Aria didn't know how to respond but the family had shown her more love than she'd ever received, even when they didn't know she was their daughter.

"You're okay with it?" Jessica asked.

Both parents expected more than a okay.

"You both have treated me so well, you welcomed me into your lives and I like it here. I'm just nervous about Ares and Xander, if they don't know I exist, they may not be happy. I don't want to become between you all so if you must, send me away, I don't want to break up a happy family if they aren't okay with it"

"Oh Aria, we would never" Jessica said as she hugged her daughter.

"Mind if I join in" Daniel said after a moment.

And for the first time, Aria was recieving a group hug from her real parents. The two people who vowed to protect her no matter what.

She truly did feel safe with them.

"We'll be honest with you. We don't know how Ares will take it, he is your twin after all and not being told that may have him feeling angry and confused" Daniel said after the hug.

"Can you tell him now, I don't want to be worried about his reaction for the rest of the day" she asked.

"Of course. Why don't you go spend some time with Jake?" Jessica suggested,  not wanting to leave her on her own.

"Isn't he studying" she asked.

"Yes but he will be thrilled to finally call you his sister. So will Grayson, he will be round soon" Daniel told her.

"Okay" she agreed knowing she wanted to know if he was okay with her.

(So it might get confusing now. These next scenes happen at the same time, I'll continue with Aria then switch to Ares being told)

After knocking and being told to come in, she saw Jake was busy studying and felt guilty for a moment but then he turned and smiled and she didn't feel as guilty because he looked at her with so much kindness it was hard not to want to be around him.

"Aria, how's my favourite person in this house" he greeted, he wasnt sure if she had been told yet.

"Well Jakob I'm still trying to wrap my head around everything " she said.

"Maybe I can help?" He asked.

"I don't think so. Daniel and Jessica just told me everything. I know I'm their daughter, your sister. And  Ares  is my twin!"

"Are you okay with it" Jakob asked.

Aria nodded "yeah I'm fine with it, I'm just trying to make sense of it. They are telling Ares now. You don't think he will hate me right?"

"Ares could never hate you. How about we watch a bit of TV and get your mind if it" he offered.

"Okay, and are you okay with me being here full time" she asked

"Of course I am. I finally have my sister back" he exclaimed and hugged her tight. He had missed her every day.

"My baby sister is finally home" he whispered as they hugged.

Finally

A few doors down, Xander had been sent to his room so they could talk to Ares alone.

"Hey son we just want to talk about Aria" Daniel said.

"Is she okay?" Ares asked.

"Yes, there's alot we haven't told you, it was for your own wellbeing though"
.
"What's my wellbeing got to do with Aria" Ares questioned.

"We didn't want to see you and Xander end up like your older brothers, we knew it would be especially traumatic for you so we never told you" Jessica explained.

"What didn't you tell me"

"So we did a DNA test to confirm but I was sure she was her" Jessica continued.

"Just tell me" Ares snapped.

"Aria, she's our daughter, your twin " Daniel broke the news.

The two watched their sons reaction.

Shock and then anger.

."I have a twin and you never told me. What kind of parents do that. You know what I don't want to speak to you right now. Both of you leave " Ares was angry, angry that this was kept a secret for years.

"We'll leave Ares but we just came from telling Aria and she's worried you hate her" Jessica calmly said.

"I do not hate her however right now I want to be alone. I can't believe you hid this" he snapped.

Both parents nodded, knowing he needed time so they left and told Xander. Xander took it better, he was angry they never told him he had a sister but he couldn't remain angry. He had the best sister ever. In the end he did come to terms with the fact it was best he hadn't been told, he knew it would have destroyed him growing up knowing his sister wasnt there with him. So after ranting about how he should have been told and of course processing the news , he accepted it.