chapter 23

Aria was to nervous to deal out her twin.

Grayson and Jake kept her company, both not wanting to leave her now she knew the truth, they didn't seem like two weird adult men hanging out with a teenager.

But at night when everyone was asleep she was still awake wondering if Ares or even Xander would talk to her tommorow.

She didn't have to wonder to long as she heard the door open and then a sigh of relief. The person was about to close the door but Aria decided to see what the person was doing.

"What are you doing" she asked.

"Um I was just.....well...Aria" Ares thought she'd be asleep and now had no idea what to say.

He wanted to check to see if she was still there. Finding out he had a twin who was kidnapped. He wasnt about to let that happen again.

"You can come in if you want. I can't sleep" Aria told him after realising it was just Ares.

The only person she would let in her room in the middle of the night.

And Ares gladly took the opportunity.

Soon the twins were laid on the bed together.

The only person Aria would let lie with her.

"So we're twins" Ares stated.

"I suppose it explains why we look so similar" Aria said.

"Are you ok with it? With me?" Ares continued.

Aria nodded "it's alot to take in but if I had to have a twin im glad it's you"

Ares smiled "I was angry that my parents or Grayson and Jake didn't tell me but I understand now. I'm never gonna let you get hurt again. I am glad I have you in my life Aria"

The two shared more words, whilst hugging, when the atmosphere became a comfortable silence Aria spoke "to think if you never bullied me this may never have happened"

Ares cringed remembering how bad he treated her. But even when he was her bully, he hated how Luke treated her. He still tried to make sure she ate too. The connection was always there but neither realised it.

"I apologize Aria" in that moment Ares felt like he was just like Luke. An abusive brother.

"It's okay. That was behind us a long time ago" she really meant it.

"So what happens now?" She asked.

"What do you mean?" Ares was confused.

"Well your...I mean our parents are going to get custody of me but I'm just wondering how it will be between us, do I acknowledge you in school? Should I pretend I don't know you?" Aria asked.

She was never in the same part of school as her younger 'sister' but both her and her 'brother' made it clear she shouldn't acknowledge them as siblings in school.

"Of course you're going to acknowledge me in school. Everyone already knows we're friends anyway" Ares didn't fully understand because he planned on being the best brother ever.

"But do I acknowledge you as my brother" she stated more clearly.

"Yes of course you do. I want everyone to know that I have such an amazing sister. Actually no, you acknowledge me as your twin brother. That way I stand out from our other brother's" Ares said like it was the most obvious thing.

Aria smiled, she was glad she could acknowledge him, she wanted a family who she could openly call her family.

"Xander and I are hoping to confront Luke tommorow though. If that's okay with you. We just want to rub it in his face that you're our sister because its always pissed us off when he calls you his sister and yet is abusive. We want to correct him"  Ares left out any violence they may or may not have planned.

Aria nodded "so Xander is okay with me too" she hadnt even spoken to Xander so she had been worried about him too.

"Yeah we both didn't know how to talk to you. I only intended on checking on you not this whole conversation but I guess it's just easy to talk to you" he told her.

"I didn't know what to say to you either. I wasn't sure if you wanted me" she confessed.

"Of course I do. We all do. You are family but we were friends before I found out and if you haven't realised I'm not particularly fond of friends. Most of them are fake so I keep my circle small"

"My circle is smaller, I only have you and you're not in all my classes anyway, and I don't exactly see Xander much"

"You have Ethan too. And we're both in all your classes now. I decided I wanted to transfer after the event outside the classroom and so our parents made it happen, and of course made sure Ethan got transferred too" 
Ares hadn't known she was his twin but had gone ahead and changed classes just to keep her safe.

"And then there's everyone on the football team, but you eat in the library most days I'm sure if you stayed in the cafeteria you would make friends fast" he continued. He didn't know how anyone could dream of hurting her.

"Everything will change on Monday won't it " she asked.

"Yes but I will be right by your side and Xander will be about"

Aria wasn't so scared knowing she had both boys by her side when everything was going to change.  Especially if it got worse.

"Thank you" she was starting to get tired. But neither one of them bade an effort to move or say anything.

In the end they both fell asleep next to each other. A sleep both of them found to be one of the best.

Ares and Aria.

Neither knowing of the bond they shared until now

And both willing to do anything for the other.