14

Gia:
After we made one we made about 5 more. "Can we please have a break? We made a lot."

Jason:
"I know you do not want a break."

Gia:
"Trust me I didn't, I only ask you that because I know you need a break."

Jason:
"Ok what next."

Gia:
"Can we make sweet and sticky vegemite chicken?"

Jason:
"I think we can what do we need to make it."

Gia:
"Well we need are 1 tbs sesame oil, 8 chicken drumsticks
3 cloves garlic thinly sliced, 2 tsp Vegemite, 1/3 cup boiling water, 2 tbs sweet chilli sauce, 2 tbs oyster sauce
1 tbs kecap manis, 2 tsp brown sugar, 2 tbs rice wine vinegar, 1 long red chilli thinly sliced, 1 bunch steamed Chinese broccoli *to serve and steamed jasmine rice *to serve."

Jason:
"Ok what are the steps?"

Gia:
"Well the first step is to heat oil in a large frying pan. Cook chicken, turning, for 5 minutes or until browned all over. Add garlic to the pan and cook for 1 minute. So I will ping on the oil you get the chicken."

Jason:
"Done." I got the frying pan and the oil and put in the oil into the frying pan. He got the chicken and we let it cook for 5 minutes. "Ok what is the next step?"

Gia:
"The next step is to combine vegemite and boiling water in a small bowl until smooth. Stir in sauces, sugar and vinegar. Add to the pan. Bring to a simmer. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Simmer, uncovered, turning chicken occasionally, for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce is sticky."

Jason:
"Ok I will get the combined Vegemite and you can get the pooling water into a small bowl."

Gia:
"Ok." We wait until it is smooth. We stir the scenes, sugar and the vinegar, add it to the pan, we get the sinner cover for 10 minutes, we simmer undercover then we turn the chicken occasionally for 5 minutes till the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is sticky. "You know the next path and that is to serve chicken with chinese broccoli and steamed rice. Drizzle with sauce and sprinkle with chilli." We got you a container. We put the chicken with the Chinese broccoli and with the steamed rice we drizzled with sauce and sprinkle with chilli.

Jason:
"Is that the last path?"

Gia::
"That was the last path."

Jason:
"That looks really nice."

Gia:
"I know right."

Gia:We made 6 more of these then cleaned

Gia:
We made 6 more of these then cleaned. After that I ask him if he wanted to make the last dish and he said yes.

Jason:
"Ok, what do we need?"

Gia:
"We need 250g pkt pearl couscous, 2 x 250g pkts haloumi sliced, 1 tbsp Moroccan spice mix, 2 zucchini, sliced, 250g cherry tomato medley, halved, 1/2 cup fresh continental parsley leaves, 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, torn
1 tbsp tahini. 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt, 1 small garlic clove, crushed, 1 lemon, rind finely grated, Juice of 1 lemon, 2 tbsp pomegranate arils or 1 pomegranate, arils removed and the last ingredient is 2 wholemeal pita breads, toasted, torn."