19: Evening lessons with the duke

"Its not always sensible to protect yourself from heartbreak"

-Unknown
⚜️

Damian led Lydia upstairs and from the direction they were taking, it appears that they were headed to her chambers.

"Why not yours?" she asked.

He pushed the door open and pulled her inside. "I figured that you would be comfortable here. You have your clothes in here after all."

"How convenient."

"Well, of course. I also meant to keep anyone from disturbing us. If you were to stay in my room, you'd have to call on your maid to help you undress. That will only keep me waiting."

"And you hate waiting. Since when?"

He leaned against the door. His hands wrapped around her waist. "Since I tasted you. Come, let us get you out of that gown."

She chuckled. "And who shall strip you down?"

"We can worry about that later. Now, turn around."

Lydia did as she was told and gathered her hair to the front. That way, her back was free for him to explore. She felt his hands move gently. He tugged at the buttons as they fell, exposing her bare skin.

Damian marveled at her silken skin. It was as smooth as butter and white as alabaster. He pushed the dress off and moved on to strip the many layers she wore.

"Did your maid wrapped you up like a gift? How many more are there?"

She laughed. "Who's idea was it not to call the servants?"

He groaned. And continued to pull strings after another. He lost count how many times he had to do it and simple threw whatever his hands could grab. Lydia watched as her ensemble slowly pooled over her feet. Moments later there was nothing covering her but the thin chemise and stockings.

"Turn around and face me."

She stiffened at first but slowly began to turn and almost lost her balance. Damian was quick enough to catch her. "My feet, they're buried in all these things."

"I see no problem, duchess." Then he picked her up, swung her up his shoulders and walked over the pile of clothes.

Lydia had no time to feel the nausea of being carried like this because she was then thrown unto the bed. As if she weighed nothing. Her eyes went to Damian. He stood by the foot of the bed, eyes dark with lust and lips ready to be kissed.

"Well, aren't you a little over dressed for the occasion?"

"That can be remedied easily." he said and pulled off his cravat. "You desire to watch?"

She pushed both elbows so she could raise her head while her lower half remained situated down. "I would love to."

"Splendid. I aim to entertain you after all."

Lydia was beyond entertained. The sight was far too good to enjoy. His blonde still was swept off his face but a few strands fell above his brows. It accentuated his blue eyes even more. It was wicked to lie here and watch a man disrobe. Well, not just any man. Her husband. The proud duke and lord of the lands. Stripping right before her very eyes.

The cravat came flying away. Neither cared where it went to. She kept her gaze at him, fully aware that he was teasing her by disrobing ever so slowly. He was now removing his jacket, one arm after the other. That out of the way, he began to work on his shirt. His chest came into view but not quite. He paused for a breath before continuing to remove another button.