16. Cuddle Pedri's pov

I am waiting for her in front of my appartment.

One of my places, actually. This isn't my main house, I bought it with my first huge salary as a football player and moved not long ago to a house more private. I didn't move the furniture just in case I wanted to come back here.

We are 13th of February. In a few hours it's the 14th. Valentines Day.

I don't celebrate Valentine's day. When I told her to come by I didn't think about the 14th at all. It was by luck that it turned out to be the day before.

I wanted to spend time with her but it's stressful for me to be outside too long. What if the wind moves my scarf ? what if I dont speak with this low voice, and let out my real voice when we are outside while I'm distracted ? What if someone else recognize me ?

So I gave her this old address of mine.

I was lost in my thoughts and saw her out of the blue.

"Were you waiting for me ?"

"Yes. In case you got lost."

"Wow, how nice. Should we go in, or do you want to stay outside ?"

"Let's go in."

I hope it will go well.

***

"Hey... what are you ?"

"? What do you mean ?" I asked casually, but a sweat came out. What ? Is there something that Pedri wore before ? What did she notice ?

"I mean what's your job ? How can you have such a big appartment in Barcelona ?! Are you in the mafia ?"

Okay. It's not about the real me. Good.

I can't tell her the real reason.

People don't like to talk about their parents's job...

Let's be a spoiled rich kid.

"No, it's... embarassing to say. But my parents are rich. That's all. They pay for this appartment while I study."

This sounds so cliché !

"You can't be serious."

Did she buy it ?

"Am I cinderella or something ? How do I go from being a waitress to have a filthy rich boyfriend..."

"I'm not rich, my parents are."

"That's something rich people say."

I took her coat and told her to sit in the living room while I make popcorn. I hope she likes it salted.

"Are we watching something ?"

"Yes. Whatever you want."

"Will you keep your mask on you ?"

"...yes." I have to. I'm coatless and scarfless, but the mask is a must. I even wear the sunglasses and hat inside the house, she must think it's weird.

"Oh, I only like salted popcorn."

"Cool, because it's salted."

She likes it salted too. Great.

"Do you know what you want to watch ?" I asked.

"Well... I kinda want to see the match from yesterday..."

I stopped every movement I made.

"The one fc Barcelona played yesterday ?"

"Yes. I didn't watch it yet... you don't want to ? We can watch something else, don't worry."