19. The truth

Rafael left soon after our discussion in the break room. I told him I would come by his house after my shift and here I am in front of his door.

He let me in and went toward the living room but I hold onto his shirt to make him stay in his entrance.

There was a confused look in his eyes before looking up and down at me.

"Won't you take your shoes off ?"

"I want to kiss you first."

''...What ?''

''I want to kiss you. I like you. A lot."

He is unsure. I can see it. Probably wonders how will he kiss me with all of these on.

I put my hand on his chest and brought him closer to me.

"Come on... will it never happen ? Will this relationship stay platonic forever ? You kissed my neck before... was that okay ? Even if  we weren't dating ? But now kissing your girlfriend is a problem ?" I said with a soft voice, leaning on his shoulder.

I brought my lips closer to his lips and kissed him through the mask. "This is between us... This mask has always been between us."

I put my fingers on his glasses. "This is between us too." And his hat. "This too."

Rafael caught my hand and moved it from his face. After a few seconds, he put his hand on my eyes and I heard his scarf get off of his neck.

He moved his hands and quickly put his scarf on my eyes and attached it behind my head. I couldn't see anything.

"Don't take it off."

"I won't."

"Don't lie, okay ? Promise me."

I smiled playfully at his last remark.

"Please, Rafael. You never lied to me, so why would I lie to you ?"

I took off his hat and glasses, threwing them to the ground.

I touched his forehead, eyebrows. Put my hands on his hair and clenched a bit. Those damn hair. I could feel them.

Only thing left was this mask I hated so much. This big mask that hid all of his face until only his eyes could be seen.

I took it off carefully and throw it to my feet, I couldn't stop myself from stomping on it. That damned mask.

I crumpled the front of his shirt and made him lean at my height. "Stop being a coward and do it."

Rafael closed his lips with mine as soon as I said that.

His lips were warm and soft, in a way much more mesmerizing than I could ever dream of. As the seconds went by our bodies got closer and closer as we took a few steps back until my back reached the mirror behind me.

Warmth filled my stomach and my breathing got even hotter than before. He only pushed in deeper, like a man who will never kiss again the moment he lets go.

I put my arms around his neck and made him bend even more towards me, I could feel sparks all over my body, the scarf on my eyes making me sweat even more. Sounds of breathing was all that could be heard.

Both of us clinging to this moment, to this kiss like in a once in a life time opportunity to let go everything that worried us all this time.

I could feel my lips get swollen and my cheeks get redder. With my eyes closed, every kiss, every touch every breathing was stronger. They were all I could concentrate on.

I was melting on his lips, it was something I had never felt before in my entire life. I didn't want to let go.

But if I didn't now, it would never happen.

I gave him a thousand chance.

I moved my right arm from his neck and took off the scarf that was blocking my view.

It fell on the ground near the mask and I could finally see the face of this man.

Pedri opened his eyes when I stopped moving and I swear I could see horror go through his eyes. A shock, fear I never saw before on a man.

"I knew it."