26. Don't try to know

We are working in the café, only Sofia and I. Diego didn't come to work today.

The atmosphere is so tense you can cut it with a knife.

Sof refuses to look at me in the eyes, her back was turned to me all morning.

"Sofia, could you pass me the napkin please ?"

"Ok."

She slided it towards me without giving me a single look.

"Thank you... Are you doing well today ?"

"Mhm."

"...I understand you are mad. Im sorry, can we talk about it ?"

"We can, I guess."

She dropped everything she hold a moment ago on a table and turned to me with a pissed off look.

"Because, fuck you girl. You knew I liked him but still went on a date with him. How does that work ?"

She must be the 3rd person to tell me it was a date.

I know now, going to a match with a colleague can only mean going on a date. Noted.

"That's all I have to say. Fuck you. You don't like him at all but still went to the match with my crush ? Why ?! Was your ex there ? Did you want to make him jealous ?! What was the reason ?"

"...Spot on. Wow." I say, completely taken aback. Am I easy to read ? How did she know so fast ?

"What ?"

"My ex was indeed there."

"And you knew he would be ?"

"Yes. I knew. Some news- some people said they saw him with another girl right after out breakup. I was so mad... I acted like a huge bitch because I wanted him to see I'm over him, that he isn't the only one who moved on."

"When I heard about him and that girl..."

My voice breaks down a little bit but I try to hide it the best I can.

"It broke my heart."

"So I'm sincerely sorry, Sofia. Ill never do it again. But I want you to know, to understand that diego isn't some kind of sweet guy. He is a womanizer. Dating him will just end up making you cry."

"And I am not telling you this as a rival but as a friend."

Many emotions passed through her face.

"Just how great was that guy for you to not let go ?"

"Should I go on a match with him like you did with Diego ?" She continues with a grin.

"Is he hot ? What does he look like ? What was his name again..."

"Don't try to know."

He is mine.

"Don't try to search for him. Don't try to talk to him. Don't try to remember his name and never try to know what he looks like."

I will never talk with Diego again if that's what she wants.

But I am already mad enough as it is with one girl around my ex.

She let out a scoff of disbelief. She never saw me annoyed before.

"Diego isn't that bad. You just turned him to a villain in your little fairytail." She said before leaving.

I will love coming to work these next few days, won't I ? I say sarcastically to myself.

I heard notifications coming on my phone, realising I forgot to put it on mute.

Don't regret thisOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara