C37

"As a matter of fact yes and there is nothing you can do to stop us." I reply him with a bitter tone.

He scoffs and keeps his hands in his pockets. "I'm not here to stop you," He surprises me with those words. "But make no mistake Camille, if I wanted to stop you, I would."

Right.

Jessica leaves us and goes ahead to the car. "Look Damian, just leave us alone okay," I say in a reserved tone.

He sighs. "I'm not here to stop you, I'm here to follow you," he tells me.

I frown and wrap my arms around myself. "I know what you said about helping but you don't have to, Jessica and I have got it," I tell him.

"I'm coming with you or I'm telling your headmaster. You choose," he gives the option.

I chuckle with no humor. "Fine." He wants to come, then I'll let him come.

"What's the plan?" He demands.

"Just because I agreed to let you go doesn't mean you get to control this."

"You're going to meet your Dad. I know you don't trust him but you're going to see him. What plans do you have when things don't go according to your expectations?" he asks.

"How the fuck do you know I'm going to meet my father? You have me on surveillance?" I demand.

"How is the car coming along, Jessica?" He asks, not moving his gaze from me.

"Just a second and..." the car's ignition on. "Come on guys, we are gonna be late!" I turn around to see her sticking her head out of the window.

I flicker my head to Damian and glare at him. "It doesn't change anything. I'm still in charge." I say that but I know deep down that he's going to control the journey.

This is going to be a long ride.

*****

He's late, he is fucking late. He said eleven and it's almost twelve, I can't believe he is late.

We are sitting at the last booth at the back of the Cafe, because I don't want to draw attention to myself. It's bad enough that everyone else thinks I'm dead, and my dad asked me to meet him in our neighborhood. Jessica and Damien ordered cappuccino and sandwich because we haven't eaten anything. I'm hungry but I'll eat when I see my Dad.

Jessica's hand drops on my thigh, soothing and calming my nerves. My heart is beating really fast because I don't know what to expect. I can tell she's also worried and nervous.

And then the bell of the cafe jingles as it opens. I raise my head and see who comes in. The man enters and I'm sure that's not my father because this person limps forward, and the closer he gets the more I see the resemblance. I notice his disheveled and unkempt appearance. His cheek is bruised, turning an ugly shade of purple. His body seems thinner, weaker and he can barely take a step forward. My lips part at the sight in front of me.

Like he already knows where I am, he heads towards our direction and says, "I'm sorry I’m late," when he reaches our table.

I stand up slowly and approach him, I don't know what to say. I'm speechless. I use my hand to cup his face, careful not to touch his bruises because I know they'll hurt like hell.

"Da... Dad," I manage to say, my voice cracks. Wrapping my arms around his neck, hugging the life out of him. He returns the gesture.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," he whispers into my hair.

I pull away from him to see his eyes filled with tears. "What happened, who did this to you"

"That's what I'm here to talk to you about," he begins. "Your life is in danger."