🌻 Chapter 3

🌻

As I move over to the make-shift dance floor which is bordered by the pool on one side, the bar in the back and the couches on the other side. I notice that some people are indeed drunk now. I didn't know we were allowed to get drunk on this show. Well, obviously I'm not. And Hayden can't for two more weeks. 

"Fuck yeah!" blond Chrissy yells. They asked us not to swear much because they don't want to have to edit out a bunch of bad language. That won't be a problem for me.

I stand on the edge of the dancers watching for a minute. It is a good song with a lively beat. A bit retro but sometimes those are the most fun. I bop just a bit at first then step in and start dancing a bit more. Some of the explicit dancing is uncomfortable to watch. There's some grinding going on and roaming hands. You would never know these people just met. I'm glad again that I didn't wear heels. Some girls are barefoot now but others are impressively dancing, fully drunk, in five inch heels. That is talent right there, mister.

I see Ryland is sitting on a couch in front of the dance floor drinking what looks like whisky. I'm just guessing that because my dad sometimes drinks whisky and it looks about the same color.

Alexis is sitting next to him rubbing up and down his arm as she talks. I see the muscles in Ryland's jaw flex. His face still looks stony like he is slightly angry or has general disapproval for what he sees. But the man is hot. I wouldn't be surprised if most of every episode is just a camera on him. He is seriously so nice to look at.

I feel hands on my hips pulling me back into someone's crotch. My immediate thought is Hayden and I laugh as I try to squirm away. But then he doesn't let go and an Italian accent in my ear says, "Let me feel your dolce culo, Sugar. That means 'sweet ass', by the way."

Oh my gosh. I get those heebie-jeebie goose bumps up and down my spine and my body does an uncontrollable shiver of disgust. Arms flailing.

I can't jump away from him quick enough. I turn around and see it is Paolo touching me like that. Yeeesh! I take several steps away and find myself at the end of the bar. I hope my face doesn't look as disgusted as I feel, with cameras filming and all. 

I see Paolo is smiling and walking toward me, "Bella Ragazza! Pretty Girl!" I jump behind the bar.

The bartender guy looks surprised at my invasion of his space. My eyes have to be the size of saucers. I say, "Save me." He glances up to see Paolo still coming and he gently pushes me past him into the bar area and turns his back on the Italian man.

The bartender smiles and pretends this is all normal, "Let's fix you another drink, yeah?" I nod my head. "Do you like Coke?" I nod my head again because the music is loud and I don't want to scream. I wonder if my eyes have gone back to their normal size yet. 

He grabs a stack of little glasses and sets them up on the counter in a row. He takes the spray tool and fills each little cup about three fourths of the way with Coke. "Let's try some different flavors and find what you like."

He effectively distracts me for the next ten minutes as we add flavorings to make lime coke, cherry coke, vanilla coke, and so many more. I taste each one and put them in order of my favorite to least favorite. Every couple minutes he has to make a drink for someone else but he keeps me safely there by his side until I calm down a bit.

Hayden comes up then, "Hey Bud, can I get a beer?" His eyes flicker to me standing here behind the bar playing with the little cups of Coke. "You doin' okay there, Bob?" 

I give him a little smile and nod. I am feeling much better since the traumatic incident. Okay, I'm probably exaggerating by calling it that, but I was really bothered there for a few minutes.