🌻 Chapter 15

🌻

It's a little after eleven in the morning. Rhiannon has us up on a small elevated platform stage at one end of the living room. Couches were moved. We are standing with our modeling partners in a staggered pattern, women in front, men in the back. 

Chris is next to us, near the TV mounted on the wall. On the other side of Chris, three people are seated at a large black desk. There is a giant logo on the front of the desk with a cursive M and a D intertwined. It took me longer than it should to realize it stands for Model Dreams, the name of the show. I must be a bit nervous. The judges don't have red buttons in front of them but otherwise it reminds me of the desk for the judges on X-Factor.

I'm wearing a pretty blue paisley sundress with spaghetti straps. My hair is French braided around my head with the braid hanging over my shoulder. It is my attempt at the right amount of dressiness. Ellie helped me with my makeup and I really like her addition of the eyeliner.

The male models are mostly in dress shirts and slacks. Some of them wear shirts that show off their personality like Thrash wears a shirt with a surfboard motif, and I think it is the first time I've seen him in long pants, instead of shorts. Good to know he might be starting to take this competition seriously.

Trey said "Hello" to me as we were getting situated. Trey is a very handsome black male model who I really started to notice only yesterday when we were in the pool. I think he didn't stand out to me before because he is fairly quiet. But yesterday he swam with us for a bit and after talking with him for a few minutes he became so much better looking to me than when I'd seen him before. He has a kind demeanor and seems more humble than many of the other guys here. Today Trey is wearing a tribal print button down shirt and black jeans. He looks amazing.

It's hard to look at other guys when Ryland is around. Today he is wearing dark jeans and they fit him... mh... really well. They show off his shape without being too tight. He's paired them with a casual plaid button down dress shirt tucked in with a brown leather belt. His lip quirked up on the side when he saw me and my heart immediately started racing. My reaction to him is like seeing my favorite movie star, every single time. I won't even let myself think about the full smiles he had in the pool yesterday. My head swooned when his dimples were on full display. I'm sure the cameras ate it up.

Cameramen are in position around the room, ready to film us from every angle. Rhiannon goes over last minute details and to be honest I hear nothing she says because I'm so nervous.

Stacy calls 'action' and Chris addresses everyone, "Welcome to the first photo showcase and elimination ceremony here on Model Dreams. We have lots of excitement in store for everyone this evening." It is morning but they must be trying to pass it off as night time. Chris looks at us. "Models, welcome. You have given us a fun and exciting week but I'm sorry to say that one pair will be leaving us at the conclusion of tonight's ceremony." 

He gives us a little bit of a sad look. But it quickly turns to a smile as he adds, "Let me introduce our panel of illustrious judges. First up we have Megan Klein who is a Designer and Fabric Director with Christian Siriano." A pretty dark haired woman smiles and waves. I really should probably learn something about fashion because I didn't understand much of what Chris just said except that her name is Megan.

"Next up is George Cordifa, Fashion Editor-at-Large at GQ magazine." George looks about fifty or sixty years old. He is dressed impeccably in a trendy sweater. He has grey stubble and a short salt and pepper faux hawk. He doesn't smile but lifts his hand in greeting.

"And last but not least we have Zander Durant, owner and designer of a new dating app called Chemistry." Zander looks young, upper twenties at the most. He has strawberry blond curly hair and a friendly smile. He looks smart.