➢ C͖͎h͓̺̻a̡̟͓p̢͎͜t͙͚̦e͙̻r̡̡̙ 6

SHOPPING WHILE I TRY NOT TO KILL MY PARTNER

~JOHNSON~

"WE SHOULD go." I heard Mr. Chalamet say behind me.
I was still standing on the balcony even though I had already extinguished my cigarette. I had managed to sort my thoughts after some minutes.
I took a deep breath and then turned around to face Timothée.

"Thanks for the lighter and the cigarette." I mumbled before tossing him the lighter and walking past him.

"Hey! What was going on earlier?" He asked, making me face him again.

"Nothing."

"Nothing? It didn't sound like nothing."

"Shut up now, will you?" I grumbled before putting my black coat on and grabbing my purse and hurrying out of the hotel room.
He followed me quietly and closed the hotel door before us. I pressed the button to the first floor as soon as we had entered the elevator and watched the doors close as soon as I did.
I uncomfortably shuffled, trying to keep as much distance from Mr. Chalamet as possible.
I stormed out of the elevator as soon as the doors opened and walked to the reception.
"I just wanted to inform you that we'll be gone for some hours and that we don't require anyone cleaning our room." I said and gave the same woman that had been sitting behind the reception yesterday a fake smile.

"Okay ma'am." She said in a monotone voice and I looked at her for a split second.
She looked tired, dark circles under her eyes and her hair pretty much undone.
Looked like she had gotten problems because of her behavior.
I quickly turned around and walked towards Timothée.

"We're taking a taxi to the closest mall." I whispered and he nodded. We quickly walked through the hotel doors and were relieved to already see a taxi standing in front of the hotel since it was a pretty expensive one after all and offered it's guests options.
I knocked on the window of the passengers seat and waited for the driver to open it.
"Excuse me, do you speak English?" I asked as soon as he did.

"Je ne parle pas anglais, Madame." I heard him say and gave Timothée a confused look.

"I'll handle this." He said and gently pushed me away from the window before facing the driver.
"Excusez-moi, pourriez-vous nous conduire au centre commercial le plus proche?"

"Oui, oui." I heard the driver answer before Timothée held open the back door for me.
I shot him a glance before I quickly got in and slid to the seat behind the driver before Timothée followed me and sat next to me.

"Quel est le moyen le plus simple pour se rendre au château de Versailles?" Timothée asked while the words left his lips effortlessly.

I had once tried to learn speaking French but mostly failed in the pronunciation of the words so I gave up.
But I actually gave up because it reminded me too much of my parents. Sometimes we'd go to Paris and other places in France to spend the summers or winters there. Since then I'd only been to France when I had been chasing Timothée across Europe, not knowing that he'd be my partner.

„S'y rendre en voiture est le moyen le plus simple car les transports en commun ici ne sont pas les meilleurs." I heard the driver answer and Timothée nodded.

„What did you ask?" I whispered, making him face me.

„I asked about the best ways to get to the palace versailles and he said that taking a taxi or getting there by car is the best."
„I suggest that we rent a expensive car for you to arrive in?"