➢ C͖͎h͓̺̻a̡̟͓p̢͎͜t͙͚̦e͙̻r̡̡̙ 9

SEDUCTION IS EASY BUT I CHOSE VIOLENCE

~JOHNSON~

I GRABBED A GLASS OF CHAMPAGNE before I unobtrusively made my way over to the group that my target was standing in. While I was walking calmly I could sense the stares from people all over the room, it was clear that they were wondering who I was. My little catwalk came to an end straight in front of the one and only James Brook.

"Good night." I mumbled before taking a sip of my champagne.

"Night." The man said and a smug smirk formed on the man's face as he stepped closer so I could feel his breath tickle my face.

"Please step back." I blankly said and his secure smile vanished.

"Are you here for long miss?" He asked, a little smirk returning to his face.

"Oh no, I'm just passing." I said and gave his a smile as I finished my champagne.

"Can I get you another drink?"

"No, thanks for asking." I said, again with a blank face.

"Playing hard to get huh?" He asked and winked at me.

"Don't act like you know me."

"Then why don't you let me get to know you, darling?" He smoothly said, almost making me distort my face in dislike.

"I suppose that there isn't anything against that." I just said and put my empty glass on the tray of a bypassing waiter.
"So, what's your name?" I asked, putting a hint of flirting into my voice.

"James Brook, and you?" He said and outstretched his hand for me to take.

"Jane Collin, it's ni- interesting to meet you." I said before eyeing his hand with suspicion, without taking it.

"So, how come you are here?" He asked while I could see his smile slightly get smaller as he took his hand back again.

"I'm an American lawyer." I shrugged.

"Is that a little British accent that I hear?" He asked, making me flinch.

"A few family members moved here so I've been here plenty of times." I said and shrugged again. Usually I managed to conceal my accent completely but I guess the reason why you could slightly hear it that day was the little flashback that I had earlier. I had been brought out of my concept, again. This seriously needed to stop.

"Why don't we take a walk through the castle?" I asked while staring straight into his eyes. My breath slightly hitched but I still managed to cover it up with a cough as he nodded. I could sense that I wouldn't be getting any information like that, so I needed to make him think that I wanted something from him.
Which I indeed did
Just not what he expected.

"With pleasure." He said and at the same time I could hear Timothée say "are you okay?" through the earpiece.

"Mhm." I said, making it sound like i was talking to Brook.
We slowly walked across the room and then out of the door while chatting about jobs and all of that sort of awkward socializing topics. After about a minute or two we reached a art gallery. There were barriers in front of each painting, making me remember that Versailles is a museum that just was rented for a party.
I wondered how naive some people could be, why rent a museum for a party even though there's worthy art and other stuff in there? Why on earth weren't any security guards positioned?
And why the hell didn't they just lock the bloody rooms?