Perfect

I've lived with Taylor for two weeks now. She gifted me one of her old blue guitars, and taught me how to play a few chords. I learned quickly, and even started writing some songs.

She says I have a beautiful voice, and that she doesn't need to teach me how to sing, but I begged her to at least teach me the formal fundamentals to it. I started dance classes and even made a few friends. Eventually Taylor let me start voice too.

Taylor doesn't want me to be known to the public just yet. She knows everyone would freak out, and we'd had to cover my face any time we went out in public together, which wasn't much.

So, instead of Taylor, Mark, one of her bodyguards, picks me up from classes and takes me home. He's a fun guy, and sometimes we go get ice cream.

While I'm at class, Taylor usually has something to do like rehearsal or meetings or interviews. She's busy, but she says she always has time for me.

It was just another summer Tuesday, I had voice and then ballet. I headed to the dressing room to change, but stopped from outside the door when I heard someone mention my name.

I know it's not good to be nosey, but I couldn't help not listening. Sometimes I wish I didn't.

"She's not even that good." One girl said.

"Yeah but I heard she's like super rich though."

"Who cares? Shes fucking ugly anyway. Have you seen those thunder thighs?"

They laughed. They all laughed.

"Right! Her arms too! No wonder she sucks so much. She's obviously doesn't have the right body for ballet."

"Maybe all that weight is pulling her down!"

They laughed again. I thought they were my friends. I didn't even know I was fat? I didn't think there was anything wrong with my body.

I went to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. What was wrong with me?

—————

As I got into the car, I swear I could hear them giggling at me. Whispering about me.

"Hey kiddo! Ice cream today?" Mark asked.

"No thanks, I'm kind of tired anyway."

"Alright then. Straight home it is."

Mark is really kind, and I hate lying to him, but I hate lying to Taylor even more. I didn't hug her when I got home, I went straight upstairs to my room, only to hear a knock at the door a few seconds later.

"Y/n? Darling are you ok?"

I didn't answer. Taylor knocked again. I finally got up and opened the door, not bothering to wipe my tears.

"Oh Y/n...come here." Taylor said, closing the door behind her with a sympathetic look on her face.

She gave me a long hug. I cried on her shoulder as she stroked my hair, telling me it was ok over and over again.

Once I calmed down a bit, I told her what happened.

"Don't listen to them. The only reason they say those things is because of how insecure they are."

Taylor moved some hair out of my face, and cupped my cheeks in her hands.

"And you have the cutest little face I have ever seen. You're an amazing dancer, there's nothing wrong with you. You are perfect Y/n."

My lips formed a tight, genuine smile. Taylor held my hands.

"Now say it. 'I'm perfect' "

"I'm perfect." I mumbled.

"Say it with confidence! I'm perfect!"

"I'm perfect!" I said, louder this time.

We yelled on like that until we couldn't possibly get any louder, bursting out into laughter by the end.