London Boy

My first time in London. I mean, I wasn't there yet, but I could feel whatever britishness feels like all the way from the plane.

Taylor would've gone on a private jet, but then she realized I had never been on a plane, she decided I needed to have the real experience of the airport.

It was as normal as it could have been, despite the disguises and bodyguards. We were inevitably approached by fans, and took some pictures as it was the nice thing to do, but it wasn't too much.

First class was an interesting experience. I had an entire seat to myself, but I got bored and occasionally sat next to Taylor and Joe. The cats just strutted around isle, which was kinda funny.

We finally landed after a 7 hour flight, and packed our stuff up in Joe's car and drove to his house. His house was isolated just like Taylor's, and it was big, yet cozy at the same time.

He had books everywhere, and that made me forget all about my luggage to look through them. Sally Rooney, Donna Tartt...

"Sylvia Plath? You read The Bell Jar?" I laughed.

"It's a good book..."

After getting distracted by all the weird and interesting things Joe has, including a collection of really fancy lighters, I found my room.

"I tried to decorate it how you would like, sorry if it's not what you wanted, we can always change things around-"

"It's perfect." I cut him off.

There was a large window with the long curtains pulled back so you could sit on the little ledge. There were candles. Pink candles. A bookcase filled with books, and even a desk with pictures he had taken up on the bulletin board.

There was even a guitar in the corner.

"Thanks dad. I love it." I smiled, realizing how much effort, time, and money he put into this just to make me happy. It took a lot for me to not just cry on the spot.

That day was my free day so I just hung around and Joe showed me all his random collector stuff. I could tell how into it he was. Then I had one last rehearsal before the big day.

We were filming four whole music videos this week. London Boy, this is me trying, happiness, and Innocent. Four songs, four albums, four days to film.

It was the middle of winter in the UK, so as you can imagine, it wasn't the summery vibe Lover had to it. So we were inside with crazy bright lights and stuff to make it look like it was august.

I did get some cool colorful outfits to wear, despite it being freezing even on set. After getting ready, I was talking to my makeup team, when Taylor came up to me, and a boy around my age was next to her.

"Y/n, meet Noah, he's your London boy."

I shook hands with the boy, and he smiled. I noticed the dimples on his face and his blonde hair. He's exactly what a stereotypical London boy would look like.

"I'm gonna pretend you're Sam Clafiln the whole time." I joked.

Noah laughed, but Taylor gave me a wide eyed stern look.

"I mean, can you really blame me? Sam Clafiln is something else..."

"Okay...anyway, we're starting in ten, so just talk, get yourselves situated and stuff until places alright?"

I nodded and Taylor went to go check on everything else that was happening. I knew she was stressed, so I didn't bother her with anything.

"You know who Sam Clafiln is right?" I asked.

"Yeah, I get it. The guy's a heartthrob."

I laughed, then got distracted by Joe staring intently at us. More like glaring.

"My dad is already watching us." I chuckled.

"Oh, he really doesn't have anything to worry about. I'm kinda more into guys anyway."

"Oh my gosh me too!" I smiled, genuinely excited to know this information.

"Well like the other way around- girls. I guess I kinda like everyone? I honestly don't know at this point." I continued.

Before we knew it, places were called, and we parted ways for a while. I filmed a few takes in this super vibrant bedroom. Then some in our fake outside set.

Then Noah and I got to film some takes of us sitting on a bench and talking. Then us watching rugby with his school friends.

"Look at him like you look at your girlfriend." Taylor kept on saying. Which I did my best to do.

The final takes were with the background dancers, and I literally had to get it all perfect and in one take, and that made me nervous in the dressing room. So nervous, that my hair stylist called Joe to calm me down.

"I promise you'll do just fine."

"Promise?"

"I'll shake on it."

We did our handshake. We actually hadn't done it in a while, so it felt special. Soon enough, places were called.

I did the take, background dancers phasing in and out of the shots, and of course, knowing Taylor, there was confetti at the end.

"Perfect! That was literally perfect! That's a wrap everyone!"

Later, once she was done with all her directing duties, and I had said goodbye to my new friends I met on set, Taylor squealed and gushed about how good I did.

In the car, Joe fell asleep immediately, leaning his head on Taylor's shoulder.

"He's had a long day full of hard work." I joked.

When we got home, Joe went straight to bed, and I was going to also, but Taylor said I had to eat something, so we had some leftover spaghetti straight from the container.

Next thing I knew I was asleep, only to wake up early the next morning.

A/n: really didn't know how to properly end this. Sorry it's kinda shitty 💀

Taylor is literally in my city right now (Taympa pride she's literally my mayor) and I DONT have tickets to the eras tour I'm like crying and shutting my pants it's actually so sad. Idk where my friends are pulling $500 out of their asses like that 😭

I started writing this at the peak of the breakup news and freaked out because it's so Joe heavy lmao. Anyway this note is getting long I'm gonna stop now ilysm yall.