First Day

"I'm nervous."

"Everyone's nervous on their first day."

"But-"

"Do I need to play the song again?"

Fifteen had been on repeat the entire drive to school, Taylor thought it would be motivating.

"I think I'm good." I said, playfully rolling my eyes.

"Alright." Taylor murmured, moving some hairs out of my face.

I was sat in the backseat, just so when the door opened, people wouldn't see Taylor driving.

"Come here." She said, stretching her arms out the best she could, in order to give me a hug.

I leaned forward and rested my chin on her shoulder, wrapping my arms around her neck.

"I love you darling."

"I love you too."

After witnessing Taylor almost cry and talk about how to not do drugs and effectively navigate high school, despite me already being a sophomore, I got out of the car, and mentally prepared for what was to come.

I hadn't realized how nice the school was, and how it must have costed a fortune for Taylor to send me there. I remember having to write an essay for my admission, and it must have been good, because the student population was only about 400.

I started to the check in office, and punched in my school number on a tablet. There were students walking around with their friends already, on the first day. I decided to just find my first period, which was history. Luckily, I had taken tons of classes online, and could graduate this year if I wanted to, but I like learning. Plus, that left more room for fun classes.

History was a very serious class. It was APUSH after all. I hadn't spoken to anyone, other than a boy next to me who asked if I could pick up a pencil he had dropped.

Next I had a much more entertaining class, Dance. It was on the lowest level of the school, and the rooms were cold and filled with students slipping on ballet flats, or doing calf stretches, and there were so many that I had no idea where my class was.

I didn't want to disturb anyone, but I didn't really have a choice, so I walked up to this girl putting her hair up into a ponytail.

"Excuse me, do you-"

She turned around, her dark blonde hair flowing in the air, as if she moved in slow motion.

For some reason I had seemed to loose my voice as soon as the girl looked into my eyes. She smiled, her cheeks forming a small dip on the left side of her cheek.

She made a "hm?" sound, and smirked at me. Trying not to faint immediately, I cleared my throat.

"Um- do you know where dance class 4 is?" I managed to get out.

"I'll take you there."

"Thanks." I said, doing my best to stay calm and collected.

"I'm Natalie by the way."

"Y/n."

We walked to the correct studio, and Natalie introduced me to some of her friends, Momona, Malia, and Jacob. All of whom I recognized from TV and movies.

We did the normal first day things. Going over the syllabus, introducing ourselves, and all that. I met some new friends throughout the day, but it was a little hard to focus with Natalie being in my acting, math, and even psychology class.

By the end of the day, I was surprised to see Taylor's Tesla instead of the black suv that Mark usually picks me up in. I said bye to my friends, but I was so excited that I jumped in the front seat instead of the back.

"I didn't know you were picking me up today." I said, clearly delighted.

"I decided to surprise you for your first day! How was it?" Taylor asked.

"Good." I muttered, looking out the window at the girl I had met only hours ago, very distracted.

"I- who are you-"

I heard a gasp and looked back at Taylor confused. She then made an expression that could only be described as a fuzzy pronounced pouty face.

"Awwww my baby's first crush!"

"What? I don't- i'm not even-"

I was about to say that I didn't even like girls, but that would be a lie, and Taylor knew it too, which is why she raised her eyebrows in a knowing way.

"You know, I know right?" She said.

"Is it that obvious?" I grimaced.

"Yep." She replied nonchalantly, starting the car.

I rolled my eyes, but couldn't help but smile. We went home, and I watched Taylor rehearse in the studio. Then we had spaghetti and meatballs for dinner.

A completely normal night, I thought. And I definitely did not expect to wake up with thousands of notifications the next morning.