$ 4 $

For five years, I am doing this. Though I know there is no use still I walk into the police headquarters and do my regular inquiry.

The man who interrogated my mother's case never spoke nicely with me. Even for that day, "Stop keep coming, Miss Garcia. You're not only wasting my time but also yours."

"I...just...Can't I just have hope?"

"No!" the pot-belly cop spat on me. "Five years. It's been five years, we found her car deep in the sea. I assume you knew what consequences could happen after that."

Fishes might have eaten my mom. This was their theory, five years ago, when they got unsuccessful in their search. It was bullshit.

"Thank you. And I will keep coming, it's up to you. You can yell, reply, or stay silent in response." In return, I wailed at him full of my heart, and walked out.

I get that they can't go through my heart to know what exactly I am feeling because the woman I lost is my mom. But the way he behaves and speaks with me, I dislike it.

After I rubbed my face, to wipe out the tears, I put on my helmet and was about to start the engine of my scooter when a ping on my mobile, ceased my actions. That ping voice is for a notification if my mobile receives a new mail.

Here comes the finger-crossing moment.

I took out my mobile, unlocked it, and clicked on the new mail.

So, things were going like this: my thoughts got jammed, my heart was bombarding like thunder, and my whole body was shivering like I got dropped into the middle of the sea in December. And it happened after I saw the name of the Company, I got placement in.

"No. No way."

I called Aliyah and asked her to reach the Morning Cafe, asap. That day my shift was going to start at twelve and the time was thirty past eleven. I had thirty minutes to speak with her. So, as soon as she approached the cafe, I dragged her to the park and babbled out.

"Do you have anything to do with this?" I showed her my mobile.

She read the mail with crunched brows and abruptly she yelled with delight, "You got approved for an internship, Jaz! that's good news. Congratulations." She was about to hug me but I held her.

"Read the Company name, Ali."

She narrowed her eyes and a small but bright smile spread like a volcano on her face. She pressed her thin, wide lips which were similar to Adrian's. Pause! From where did Adrian pop into my head now?

"Martinez Constructions?"

Yup! I got the placement, by the only company where I lost hope after I was involved in a vividly despicable argument with Adrian Martinez, four days ago. The day was horrible well the night was indescribably terrific.

She hopped with enthusiasm startling the innocent five-year-old kid who was also jumping not as horrible as my friend. I smiled at him.

"Go and give your resignation, to all your part-time jobs at this moment. Oh God! We are meant to be together for the rest of our lives. I knew that. Schooling, Uni, and even the same company."

I objected, "I am not going to join your brother's company."

"Come on, Jazmine. Getting placement was your dream."

"It is, Aliyah and I am going to wait. I applied to at least ten companies, I hope I will get one soon."

"Ok, let's assume, What if you don't? Are you gonna consider this offer?"

I thought for a couple of seconds and sighed. "I don't know! I can't work with him. But how can I get a placement in your company? I mean doesn't your brother know who is Jazmine Garcia before he confirmed my placement."