$ 32 $

Thank you all for giving respect to my request and voting for the last chapter. I am happy to see the increased number of votes and even comments from my silent readers😘. 

For the first time, I am writing this chapter in Adrian's POV. It states a few of past incidents and Adrian's insecurities. They both have the same problem which is to make a proper conversation and resolve the misunderstandings. Though a few will be resolved in this chapter, a few will be initiated.

I only wish my readers tolerance because both of our protagonists are fucked up with their life and insecurities and give some time for them to resolve things. 

A month Ago:

It has been six years since I was taking care of Martinez Constructions. I had no intentions to join the company but I had no option as my grandpa wanted me to take care of it, with blackmailing words that if my mom was alive she would have wished to see me as a CEO of Martinez Constructions.

However, I still held my backup plan of going back to Italy once I determined Carter was eligible enough to take care of the company. Since I discovered that the board of directors was not satisfied with the decision, I planned to invite them to my penthouse for lunch. I even invited a few of the nemesis company's CEOs, so that Carter could have a glimpse of their thoughts.

While I was busy having lunch, I heard a ring of my doorbell. I sent Martin, my butler to attend the door. He returned in a few minutes and mumbled in my ears. "A lady named Jazmine Garcia is here to meet you!" As soon as I heard the only female's name I had been so desperate to meet for a long time, my brain was blocked for a moment. My face turned anxious, and my nervousness skyrocketed. 

I stood up and instead of walking in the living room, I moved to the kitchen. Andy walked inside and pried, "What happened, boss?"

I wet my lips. I couldn't control both my happiness and anxiety. "She is here, Andy. Jazmine is here."

"Relax!" He voiced watching the anxious countenance on my face. 

"She is here Andy, how can I relax!" Suddenly I felt conscious about my outfit. "Am I looking fine?"

He chuckled. I was never this anxious, not even when I asked a girl out during my college. But here, she is Jazmine, my going-to-be bride. 

"Mr. Martinez, you are the CEO of a multi-billionaire company. Then why do you have a problem speaking with a girl who is atleast seven years younger than you."

He had a point but I can't explain how desperate I was to meet her. To have her eventually in my life. This morning, I went to pay a visit to her father and put the wedding proposal. And she is already here. 

"Do you want me to attend her?" Andy suggested. 

"No, she will be Mrs. Adrian Martinez, soon. And I was thinking, why don't I introduce her to everyone sitting in the dining hall as my fiance!"

He put his hand on my shoulder and explained, "Boss. You have to calm down. First, go and speak to her. Know the reason why is she here!"

"You are right!" I set my coat and tie which was perfectly fine. Before I trekked out, I turned and assured, "What if she didn't want to marry me, Andy?" 

I sighed watching Jazmine's sleeping form, beside me. She looked so calm when she slept. Her snores gave me strength. I smiled at her. Intermittently she was narrowing her brows in deep sleep. She is so adorable. I cherished her cheek with my thumb. 

I acted aggressively with her and I felt regret for hurting her, tonight. But she doesn't realize that her behavior is agonizing me too. I already warned her to stay away from other men but she happened to go and dance with him. Let Jacob rest his hands on her waist. It boiled my blood to see him glancing as if he owned her.