$ 16 $

I felt a shake on my shoulders. I was able to hear whispers. I moaned and felt hurt in my head. "Miss, can you hear me," I appreciated a voice against my ear. I tried to recollect something. I even felt warm around my shoulder. We were at the party, Adrian and I was riding in the same car, and the accident.

"Adrian," I murmured.

"Miss! Try to open your eyes," I tried to lift my eyelids. Though it was dark, the place was illuminated by multiple lights. On my right side was a man dressed in Paramedic scrubbers and he was trying to talk with me. "Miss, can you tell me what's your name?"

"Jaz...Jazmine," I mumbled, there was a small blanket that covered my upper body. I immediately tilted my head to the left side.

And there I caught the vision of...Adrian. Blood was oozing from his forehead. I grabbed his arm and shouted, "Adrian!" Instantly my eyes turn wet and the vision of Adrian's turned blur.

"Mam, you need to calm down, look another man is checking on your husband."

"What happened to him? Why he is not opening his eyes?"

"Mam, there is nothing to worry about, he hit his head on the steering wheel and lost some blood."

"What do you mean by nothing to worry about?" I yelled at them and paid attention to Adrian. Adrian!" I shook his hand, "Please, wake up!" I wiped my tears as they were obstructing his view.

****

I looked to and fro, at the people checking Adrian, who lay still unresponsive. It was not easy for me to handle this. He is unconscious, blood has stained his forehead. I had no idea, how serious his condition is.

"More than fifteen minutes have passed, why isn't he waking up?" I yelled at all doctors and nurses checking on him.

"Mam, please let us do our work." One of the doctors replied, "Sister Lisa, can you please take her away?" She pulled me away from Adrian and made me sit on a chair.

"No. Please. I will not yell but please let me stay near him."

She caught my hand, "Listen to me, nothing will happen to your husband. The ones who are checking on him are the best neurosurgeon in this hospital. He might have probably been exhausted or stressed. Firstly we will take a CT scan of his brain." She even offered me some water but I shook my head, refusing to take any sip of water. "Have some dear!" I took the glass and took a sip. Then she offered me some tissues. I wiped my tears. "Now. Let me check your wound."

She checked my forehead and whispered, "It's a bruise."

"But he is bleeding!." I cried.

She smiled, "And it stopped already. Doctors are handling him very well!" She handed me a tablet, "Take this it will reduce if there is a pain."

After another thirteen minutes, a neurosurgeon reported Adrian's current condition, "We found nothing in his Brain CT." It was a huge relief to hear that, "But he received a hard hit, that's the reason he is still unconscious. We will be giving him IV fluids for a couple of hours and watch his condition."

"Thank you." I mumbled to him.

I sat on a chair beside Adrian's bed and did nothing but observed his movements. Meanwhile, I made a call to Carter and Aliyah to inform them about the accident. Hospital people mentioned that as it's an accident, cops might come and interrogate me.

More than anyone I waited for Adrian to open his eyes.

As soon as I saw him flickering his eyes, I placed my hand on his and urged him, "Stop making me worried and open your eyes, Adrian. I swear I will stop yelling at you."